Author Topic: New Stats Region/Realm Efficiency  (Read 8563 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: New Stats Region/Realm Efficiency
« Topic Start: January 25, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »
Counterexample: Bowie and Sallowtown. Yeah, surrounding regions, sure...seriously, yeah right. And there was something from PeL a few months/years back about colonizing Sallowtown, and I believe Bedwyr on IRC saying like how he'd make it work.

* Artemesia looks at the state of Sallowtown and Koli Bedwyr.

* Artemesia is unimpressed.

Also, remember back when people actually though colonizing the regions now known to be part of the Zuma Coalition was a good idea? Remember those dragon dudes who wanted to set up in Dragon's Roost or something?

So no, apparently !@#$ty regions alone doesn't actually stop people from wanting them. It is uncertain whether great regions that aren't under their control would motivate them, or whether it requires those in the cool regions to make fun of the losers in the !@#$ regions (Hey, does no one keep in mind that this is still PVP and as long as you keep the trash talk Medievally you're still allowed to talk smack and make fun of them for being losers Well, I think we do it already, but not enough, and not viciously enough either. Come on, be BM bullies, ICly...ideally.)

Another consequence though might be the rise of more subversive type players. You know the kind. They go into a realm and rise through the ranks in order to put themselves in power instead. And with better stuff, then they'll want to do their con routine even more. Good/bad? Well, I suppose that's one way to create...CONFLICT(!)...but uh...yeah, mistrust within realms generally leads to realms dying. BUT! Check it out: Realms in cool regions dying means the LOSERS in !@#$ty regions can get a shot at finally being cool people for once! Yay!