Author Topic: Name change as donation perk  (Read 5978 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Name change as donation perk
« Reply #15: January 27, 2012, 03:14:12 AM »
I would say losing half the honour and prestige of each of your characters as well as half the honour of your family would keep people from doing it too often, and it would likely only be used by new people.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 27, 2012, 03:19:07 AM »
I would say losing half the honour and prestige of each of your characters as well as half the honour of your family would keep people from doing it too often, and it would likely only be used by new people.

What family honour are you referring to?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 27, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »
Sorry, wrong word, I meant fame. 

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 27, 2012, 04:52:16 AM »
Sorry, wrong word, I meant fame.

Fame is generated by performing certain actions though, how would you communicate to the player which fame points where reset so they could aim to recover those points?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 27, 2012, 06:24:16 AM »
As someone who did this exact thing--created my first account, disliked the family name, so deleted the account and made another account, it was a bit frustrating.

First of all, deletion of the account takes a few days, so you must wait to create your new account. For me, I really wanted to play BM because it seemed pretty cool. Waiting two or three days just to join again was quite the frustration. I can easily see how someone being forced to use that method could walk away from the game. Either out of disinterest or merely forgetting about it.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 28, 2012, 09:32:08 AM »
I've changed my family name, though I don't remember how long after I created the account. In any case two weeks is not usually enough time for your character to get used and involved with the realm, so I would extend that to a longer time, from one to three months really.

Sometimes your family name can be perfectly acceptable but not be what you'd prefer for the type of game BM is. People join it with an idea that not always matches what they find in here.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).