Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 219352 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #150: November 24, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
OK, so suddenly everyone is talking about attacking the Zuma (speculatively of course) in other threads. I don't think Tom would ever let us actually get rid of them, but thinking along these lines did get me speculating about their purpose.

Once, a long time ago, I seem to remember a Dev saying something that implied that Dwilight was meant to always have a frontier feel, and thus always have wilderness areas on it. Of late, those wilderness areas have been shrinking significantly. I think it is now reasonable to project that all of Dwilight might be settled within the next year.

What if the Zuma's purpose is to 'reset' Dwilight? When civilization spreads across the whole island, maybe the Zuma will decide that the humans have spread too far and set in motion a series of natural disasters, like the volcano they set off earlier. Or perhaps they'll just go on the war path. Either way the effect would be to basically destroy most of human civilization on the island. Sort of like an invasion on steroids, minus the blight.