Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 221773 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #75: June 06, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
But we hadn't and weren't sending them any messengers.

And when they pitched up in Paisly I only sent one original RP and that seemed to be enough to spark off their rampage.

Now, I suppose I can understand the idea that they might be very touchy and anything short of near worship will be considered a mortal insult - but if so then the GM should RP so that the players understand. Our characters might have no clue what's going on but at least as players we can sit back and think "oh, I see. That's pretty cool and/or scary actually". If we never get any idea what's going on or why things are happening then you may as well replace the Zuma with a monster horde as at least we don't expect RP or motivations from them.

I mean it's not especially hard. As a player I've had my character RP things that no other character will ever know about but I do it because it gives players an appreciation of the motivation behind what my character does. With Bowie, for example. My characters know nothing about his motivations and see him as an insane troublemaker. As a player though, I'm aware of his back story and all the layers and depth to his character which makes for a far more interesting game than if he just randomly did !@#$ then went on his way without any explanation.

I think you are missing the point. It is purposeful that you as the player do not understand the Zuma as well as your character having no real framework to judge them by.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.