Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215995 times)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #525: February 25, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
The CS of Daimons was increased during the Invasions to fix the understatement (not their actual strength), but it may still be understated, ask Serrai, he should know ;)

If this was the case all along, then why has everyone been so apprehensive towards the Zuma? In their previous war, with Terran, they fielded only ten-thousand CS. At the time, I thought that their army was actually the equivalent strength of a thirty-thousand CS human army, hence why everyone avoided them, causing them to leave uncontested. But now I find out that that was not the case, that they were indeed roughly as strong as they appeared. So, unless they were for some reason using only a small fraction of their army, they are really quite pathetic. It seems odd, that everyone would be so intent on placating and avoiding them, considering how extremely weak they are.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #526: February 25, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Check the bounty board. If I remember right, that 10k CS army was one character.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #527: February 25, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »
If this was the case all along, then why has everyone been so apprehensive towards the Zuma? In their previous war, with Terran, they fielded only ten-thousand CS. At the time, I thought that their army was actually the equivalent strength of a thirty-thousand CS human army, hence why everyone avoided them, causing them to leave uncontested. But now I find out that that was not the case, that they were indeed roughly as strong as they appeared. So, unless they were for some reason using only a small fraction of their army, they are really quite pathetic. It seems odd, that everyone would be so intent on placating and avoiding them, considering how extremely weak they are.

I believe you have misunderstood.

During the last invasion on Beluaterra (or possibly the previous one; I can't remember now), it was decided that the CS figure for Daimons as displayed was understating their strength quite a lot. Thus, it was raised.

It still understates their strength most of the time, just not by quite as much. I think 30k human forces vs 10k Daimon forces is probably not an unreasonable estimate.

You also haven't seen how big an army they can field yet.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #528: February 25, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
Whoa, so each one of those twelve characters could potentially field a ten-thousand CS army? And each could be worth as much as thirty-thousand CS? That is insane!

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #529: February 25, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »

That was just one character and there are quite a few. If they all come bouncing on your door the last time I was on Dwilight I think they had at least 80k total or so.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #530: February 25, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »
Whoa, so each one of those twelve characters could potentially field a ten-thousand CS army? And each could be worth as much as thirty-thousand CS? That is insane!
And that's why no one !@#$s with the Zuma.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #531: February 25, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »

And that is why the Zuma are very very scary.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #532: February 25, 2013, 11:38:35 PM »

I would say more like, each of those twelve characters could potentially field a thirty-thousand CS army, which could be worth as much as ninety thousand CS each.

And that might even be underestimating some still.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #533: February 26, 2013, 12:01:14 AM »
Interesting.

I wonder if they'll press any further.

Barca takes a region next to the Zuma without permission, their capital gets sacked and a ton of unique items are demanded for the realm not to be destroyed.

Aurvandil does the same, the Zuma just sit in the region in question and do nothing more.

God I love the Zuma...  >:(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534: February 26, 2013, 12:36:24 AM »
Maybe the Zuma and Aurvandil already have an agreement.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #535: February 26, 2013, 12:39:08 AM »

Welcome to Terran, the Gondor of Dwilight.

D'Hara are the elves.

Barca is Rohan, trying to survive (Mendicant)Saruman's Uruk-Hai hordes whose numbers are unmatched and that move with swiftness and speed... even in daylight! And regard Barcan civilization as the decadent World of Men ready to fall.

I could go on about each. The analogies are stunning.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #536: February 26, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »

They do, however, lack one important factor: any proof that the Zuma are evil.
Timothy Collett

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #537: February 26, 2013, 12:45:00 AM »
They do, however, lack one important factor: any proof that the Zuma are evil.

You've obviously never met Screamer.... *shudders*
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #538: February 26, 2013, 12:48:02 AM »
Welcome to Terran, the Gondor of Dwilight.

D'Hara are the elves.

Barca is Rohan, trying to survive (Mendicant)Saruman's Uruk-Hai hordes whose numbers are unmatched and that move with swiftness and speed... even in daylight! And regard Barcan civilization as the decadent World of Men ready to fall.

Barca is the Shire. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539: February 26, 2013, 12:48:22 AM »
Sauron wasn't evil, just misunderstood...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.