Author Topic: Aurvandil's War Machine  (Read 83544 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil's War Machine
« Reply #150: February 09, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
So basically if a group of friends play together but follow the IR and remains inclusive, then that is all right.

However, if a group of friends asks their friends to log in at a certain time by OOG means, then it's not legit.

It seems to me the IR are truly well written from that point of view....

There may not ever have been a specific request, instruction, or even suggestion to log in at a certain time. It may simply be that they know that gives them an advantage, so they all tacitly agree to do so.

And even if there was some kind of explicit coordination outside the game to log on at certain times, there's nothing we can do about that. For one thing, we can't find out about it unless they talk about it in-game.

For another, they'd have to actually report it. And why would they? All that's happening is they're mutually agreeing to log on at a certain time, which gives all of them an advantage. Who's getting hurt by it? No one who matters, certainly.

Just the enemy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan