Author Topic: Aurvandil's War Machine  (Read 83260 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil's War Machine
« Reply #210: February 17, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »
The estimate is very good if conditions in the region don't change much. Most people understand the warning it gives and invest in regions away from battles, etc. - i.e. in stable regions. Which means the estimate will be very near.

Yeah, that's more-or-less what I expected.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: February 21, 2012, 08:08:46 AM »
To sum it up, yes you get a higher return profit by investing below 100% production.

You have now invested 290 gold in this region, boosting production by 80 % to 168 %. Your advisors hope for a return of ca. 390 gold, if everything works well.
To ensure that your investment pays off, you should try to keep morale and realm control high and prevent enemies from looting. With its boosted production, Sasrhas is sure to be a prime target.

Your continual performances have finally paid off. Your prestige rises one point.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: February 21, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »
Interesting... would not have expected that.

Some of that positive return may be due to the urban effect we noted earlier, but that does seem an unusually high return.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #213: March 23, 2012, 04:19:50 AM »
I skip to the last few pages expecting epic discussions on Aurvandilian might, instead, I get boring discussions on the viability of investments.

I am disappoint.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: March 23, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »
Well from what I have read part of aurvandil's success is that it has done lots of investments to increase economy I beleive for it to pay for troops, rcs, and fortifications.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: March 23, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
Here is the horrible truth: Economics win wars, not heroics on the battlefield. This is even true in BattleMaster. No realm ever surrendered because the enemy was simply too awesome during that last battle. They surrendered because they could not field another army afterward.
------
qui audet vincit

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #216: March 24, 2012, 01:54:03 AM »
Hehehe, too true, too true.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #217: March 24, 2012, 05:18:06 AM »
Politic, Economy, and Military. Can't separate those three.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: March 24, 2012, 07:46:34 AM »
No realm ever surrendered because the enemy was simply too awesome during that last battle.

Hah, but it would be very cool.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: March 25, 2012, 03:13:01 AM »
Aurvandil update? We're in Madina City looting it to the ground. The walls are at 62% (Palisade) and we've looted all their tax gold/food. Madina is surely done and something new will rise from their land :)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #220: March 25, 2012, 03:23:24 AM »
Hmm, so much easier to get gold from looting. :P

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: March 25, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »
Hmm, so much easier to get gold from looting. :P

Indeed, I got more gold from looting than my tax share in Candiels  8) Madina would have had a better chance against us if they had made their last stand in the city rather than Madina Gardens. We had nearly twice their forces and they chose the Palisade versus the Fortress they had right behind them.

egamma

« Reply #222: March 25, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »
Indeed, I got more gold from looting than my tax share in Candiels  8) Madina would have had a better chance against us if they had made their last stand in the city rather than Madina Gardens. We had nearly twice their forces and they chose the Palisade versus the Fortress they had right behind them.

Probably wanted to protect their food supply or something...of course, I would be happy to sell them food...at 60 gold per 100 bushels. Fair's fair.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: March 25, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »
It is really hard to have any sympathy for Madina.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #224: March 26, 2012, 02:58:30 AM »
I find it hard to have sympathy for either side...