Author Topic: Strombran!  (Read 20865 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Strombran!
« Reply #30: February 13, 2012, 07:58:51 AM »
Don't worry; Coria is like my little mistress I sneak away to see at night while I know Darka is out with that little blonde bitch Talerium.

This is why we need to be able to "like" posts. Seriously.

Anyway, Perth, you're not supposed to tell everyone that you're being smuggled into my city through caravans or in water barges across the lake and vice versa. I mean, I already have everyone convinced I just sit in the city all the time, so its not unknown to not see me for long periods of time...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: February 13, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »
This is why we need to be able to "like" posts. Seriously.

+1

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: February 13, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
Don't worry; Coria is like my little mistress I sneak away to see at night while I know Darka is out with that little blonde bitch Talerium.

Hahahah you made me spill my coffee!  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: February 13, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »
... know Darka is out with that little blonde bitch Talerium.

* Indirik grumbles....

It's not much fun. She won't even let us "cross her borders"...  >:(  :'(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: February 13, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »

And you beat the blonde and let Darka beat your mistress. Crazy relations  :o

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: February 13, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »
And you beat the blonde and let Darka beat your mistress. Crazy relations  :o

If by "beat the blonde" you mean sit out on our back porch and stare out across the fence at them and her muscly, beef-up jock boyfriend.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: February 13, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
I used to be quite wary of CE. Partly because I always seemed to end up with their enemies, partly because I didn't like how they completely dominated AT politics for a long time. But since I ran out of 'fun' realms on AT I decided to give Evil Ol' CE another go, and I gotta say I quite like it there.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: February 13, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
I used to be quite wary of CE. Partly because I always seemed to end up with their enemies, partly because I didn't like how they completely dominated AT politics for a long time. But since I ran out of 'fun' realms on AT I decided to give Evil Ol' CE another go, and I gotta say I quite like it there.

That's the point, its a lot of fun to be CE: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick."
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: February 13, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
They didn't speak all that softly back in the day. Mostly it was something along the lines of "Do what we say or we come and !@#$ you up!" :P

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: February 13, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
They didn't speak all that softly back in the day. Mostly it was something along the lines of "Do what we say or we come and !@#$ you up!" :P

I'm sure the actual words used were much nicer, although they had the same connotation.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: February 14, 2012, 01:36:51 AM »

That's the point, its a lot of fun to be CE: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick."

No, I think the point is: it's fun to win.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: February 14, 2012, 02:03:00 AM »
No, I think the point is: it's fun to win.

Definitely a lot more fun than losing. But then again, you don't need to win to have fun. My fun in CE was always the internal politics instead of the external winning.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: February 14, 2012, 04:02:09 AM »

HA!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: February 14, 2012, 04:02:21 AM »
Definitely a lot more fun than losing. But then again, you don't need to win to have fun. My fun in CE was always the internal politics instead of the external winning.

Depends on how you lose, though.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: February 14, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
Yep, being in a new realm is always fun. Until it gets taken over by relative newcomers  :o Smaller realms can succumb to apathy and numbers of other nobles.

The thing that I like the most about the CE is that people will always speak up on issues. And second (related): the monolithic presence and history. You can really get your character into the realm and enthused for supporting it, and so do others. There is a real sense of caring for the well-being of the realm (refer to point 1).