Author Topic: Manual Pausing  (Read 1740 times)

Chaotrance13

Manual Pausing
« Topic Start: February 03, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
Wanted to check something quickly guys.. had to pause one of my nobles due to donation running out and not being able to reactivate it. On the wiki, it states that you do not lose any gold on hand provided you are not pausing whilst in prison. And yet all of my gold on hand - not in bonds - was taken from me. Which was about 100 gold or so.

As for my unit, whilst I understand that it may be partially converted to a militia unit, the entire unit was disbanded and was not converted to militia at all in the region I'm in right now (which is Bruck, on EC).

What I'm wondering is whether pausing for only a day compared to say a few days has caused this, or whether the rules on what happens when pausing manually have changed compared to what the wiki states. The character in question is Viktor on EC.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Manual Pausing
« Reply #1: February 03, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
The wiki is probably outdated. Check when that page was last changed.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 03, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »
We should really revisit pausing, either right after the Doctrine conversion or possibly even as we're converting it. The inconsistencies and silly behaviour in it are a bit out of hand.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 03, 2012, 08:36:23 PM »
I went over the mechanics of pausing with someone (Anaris or squirrel, I forget who), and we made sure that at the time that was last written, the wiki matched the code. I'm surprised that it doesn't match... :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #4: February 03, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
The wiki is probably outdated. Check when that page was last changed.

28th December 2009 was the last update according to the history, with none other than Indirik making it. So given what you guys have said, especially about the wiki and code matching, do you want me to file a bug report on this one? Might have to chalk my losses up to experience on this one, but c'est la vie.