Author Topic: Battles on the road.  (Read 6343 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Battles on the road.
« Reply #15: February 08, 2012, 04:59:29 AM »
Admiting complete ignorance of the dificulties in coding, I would think that causing one army to not move would be easiest.  The moving army could be chosen by CS, # of soldiers, # of TLs, or some combination of this.  Or perhaps it could have something to do with home territory, ie the army that is at home stays in their region and defends (this would cause problems when both armies are leaving their realms to attack in the other realm). 
If this is implemented, it would be good to allow Marshals to have two settings one for defence and the other for offense.  That way they do not have to guess whether they will be successful in moving or not.

Marshals have two settings already. I would think we would need to rewrite how movement is calculated and updated in the turn scripts to even have a way to detect this case and thus prevent movement.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 09, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
Ok, I guess it has been a while since I have had a marshal.  One less step then...

egamma

« Reply #17: February 09, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
Marshals have two settings already. I would think we would need to rewrite how movement is calculated and updated in the turn scripts to even have a way to detect this case and thus prevent movement.

But what about....two turn moves? Delay arrival?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 09, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
But what about....two turn moves? Delay arrival?

Like I said, we would have to rewrite things to handle it. I really doubt the feature is worth the work, but then I'm not a fan of the idea to start with.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.