Author Topic: Updating Stable  (Read 28703 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Updating Stable
« Reply #60: April 16, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »
Cool, I can't wait to have my advy stalk a sage or wizard all around the continent. Also is it possible to have 2 sages in one region?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #61: April 16, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
Cool, I can't wait to have my advy stalk a sage or wizard all around the continent. Also is it possible to have 2 sages in one region?

Sure, why not?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 16, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
Wasn't sure if there was code for some reason so two couldn't be in the same region. How much longer do you think for getting the update ready for stable?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 16, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »
Also is it possible to have 2 sages in one region?

I've seen it on Dwilight, so yes.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #64: April 16, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »
Wasn't sure if there was code for some reason so two couldn't be in the same region. How much longer do you think for getting the update ready for stable?

Depends... we are doing initial tests of the update on the development servers, things now depend on how smoothly those go.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 17, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't remember the answer. What happens to existing knights when the new system comes in? Are they all booted out? Are they all automatically given estates with x% of their region? And what happens to estates that are no longer valid under the new system? Specifically, a ruler with an estate?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: April 17, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
The way it was done before, the estates were directly converted. If you had a 20% oath, you got a 20% estate.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: April 17, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »
And it seems there is code to check if there is any 'bad' hierarchy, which will automatically take care of things like Rulers as Lords/Knights:

Estate Vacated   (6 days, 8 hours ago)
message to the lord and knights of Ardmore
Scribes find out that due to confusion about the political (or feudal) hierarchy, Sir Marche Telrunya, High Chancellor of Riombara, Marshal of the Army of Riombara is forced to relinquish his estate. He, as High Chancellor, cannot hold allegiance to a Viscount. These 50 % of the region are now without a knight. He also loses his job as steward, as he is no longer a knight of the region.

Any Ruler Lords will need to get things sorted out and try make their Region a Duchy if possible if they want to remain Lord, I assume :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #68: April 17, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
You are completely correct.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: April 17, 2012, 07:12:47 PM »
well.. obviously.. they wouldn't know they'll be elected beforehand... and thus unless you make every single lord candidate a duke...
best wait till they work out the change mooted elsewhere..
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: April 17, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »
But with the update to Stable, current Rulers might be Lords that will need to make their own region a Duchy before the new code sets in and kicks them out.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: April 17, 2012, 07:42:42 PM »
That may not always be possible. Unless they are already a Duke than they will not be able to make a townsland a Ducal seat until after the update. Right now the Ducal seats are limited to cities and you must be lord of a city to be duke.
Forbes Family

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: April 17, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »
Well, basically, they can probably do it the day the code goes live. And else, then the Ruler loses his region. Opens up a nice Lordship for someone else :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #73: April 17, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
It's not hard to delay the cleanup by a few days.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: April 24, 2012, 02:24:36 PM »
+1 on getting these great changes on stable for the purely selfish reason that it'll make our lives a lot more fun and less aggravating!