Author Topic: Feature Cut: Mentors  (Read 25455 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Cut: Mentors
« Reply #60: April 17, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
Being a mentor is draining. Once had a guy who was very enthusiastic, asked lots of questions, seemed really into the game. At the end of it he thanked me for helping him so much. Twenty minutes later he deleted the character. Kinda took the shine off being a mentor for me. Especially when the next half a dozen new characters either deleted after a couple of lessons or ignored me completely.
Velax, I agree with you on this part. Being Mentor is draining, the incentive is few, if any student reward you with mentor points. Often we end up frustrated that we have given some of our time to train the new characters and they end up deleting their characters due to various other factors that out of our control. Perhaps considering give Mentors extra incentive as the characters usually volunteer themselves to do the service; community service if there is 1 word for it ;)

Tom, I see. Doing away with Mentor and Student classes is good with me 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)