Author Topic: New Dynamic Map Layer Idea  (Read 2804 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
New Dynamic Map Layer Idea
« Topic Start: January 31, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »
An idea for a new overlay for the new dynamic map: A trade map. Display a circle on the map that shows the trader's max range, as well as icons next to each region to indicate whether the region has open buy/sell offers. Wouldn't need to be a functional trade interface. Just a display so the trader can get an overall feel for who is buying and selling food.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Dynamic Map Layer Idea
« Reply #1: January 31, 2012, 04:36:27 PM »
whether a region has a marketplace..  <-- as in display an icon sort of like walls.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:17:44 PM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: January 31, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »
It's a bit tricky to decide what to display, because a region can have both sell and buy offers at the same time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 31, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
I was thinking maybe an icon of three possible colors. Green for selling, red for buying, and maybe blue for both? Possibly even three different shapes, to help those who may be colorblind?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #4: January 31, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
Ooh, I like this. I just manually used the travel planner to find my trade range (converted miles to regions). I probably wont trade from more than a couple of regions, but it would be nice to see this, especially for those who aren't in a place like D'Hara, where you'll only trade from one or two regions, since the rest are too far from foreign realms.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: January 31, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
Well, highlighting the regions within your trade distance wouldn't be too complicated... Find a dev who is willing to take it up as a learning project. ;-)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 03, 2012, 01:51:03 PM »
A similar map for bankers to see all trades possible for the entire realm would be good.  Basically all this should be is the offers inside the realm plus the offers that are available to each of the border regions.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: February 03, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »
A similar map for bankers to see all trades possible for the entire realm would be good.  Basically all this should be is the offers inside the realm plus the offers that are available to each of the border regions.

This was discussed in some other topic. It's more complicated because it's not single-valued (i.e. a region can have many offers, and both buy and sell at the same time).

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 03, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »
Right, I saw that you posted that issue earlier, and meant to include the idea that Indirik had about the colours/shapes.  Will that also be too difficult?  I see now that you never said that would work.  Bankers have already been relegated to a coordination position, I just figured giving them as much information as possible would allow them to coordinate better.