Author Topic: Allow ruler to see (basic) army stats  (Read 5986 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Allow ruler to see (basic) army stats
« Reply #15: February 25, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
Also, once the Ruler is already the sponsor of at least 1 army, he can sponsor additional armies.

So the restriction on Rulers sponsoring their first army seems really silly.

That no longer seems to be true on testing. At least the Arbiter of Solaria can not sponsor a new army despite being the sponsor of our only existing army.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 26, 2012, 05:35:05 AM »
I really feel that this is not necessary.  There is a general for a reason, marshals as well.

Yes, that is true. The general is there to lead the armies, not perform unnecessary busywork. He should not need to give constant reports to the ruler on the total strength of the realm's forces, a task that should be performed by a scribe or other servant.

This is made worse by losing the relatively up-to-date stats page. I really do not see what is unreasonable about the ruler being able to know what the strength of his armed forces is at a glance, given that any lord of any tiny region can access the information.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: February 26, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
Instead of giving the ruler access to micro-managing detail pages he shouldn't worry about, it appears he needs to have a general "status of my realm" information page with the high-level details, right?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 26, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »
Sure. What sort of information would be on there?