Author Topic: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 28389 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #15: February 21, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »
I very much like the idea of being able to lose it, but not at tournaments.

This might be the answer for my problem with prison: I've always wanted to make prison hurt more, but be less boring. With the enemy ruler being able to take away your expensive armour, that would be.

To clear out some of the confusions:
  • yes, it is Plate Armour
  • it should not be a micro-management issue. As such, it would not need repairs or upkeep, simply because the hassle doesn't add to the game, and it doesn't get damage or anything. Again, not realistic, but it keeps things simple
  • it would have the in-game effect of reducing wounds - reducing the chance you get wounded, and reducing the severity of the wounds you do get
  • there would be various options and I would make sure that at least one really is prohibitively expensive. I'm thinking > 1000 gold.

Basically, the concept I have in mind is this:
  • You have several "quality" settings. You can have a cheap, a standard, a quality and an ornate armour.
  • You buy it in pieces, starting with the breastplate, then a half suit and then a full suit. Pieces must all be of the same quality.
Half suite is twice as expensive as breastplate, full suit twice as expensive as half suit.
A standard armour is twice as expensive as a cheap armour. A quality armour is three times as expensive as a standard armour. An ornate armour is four times as expensive as a quality armour.
That means an ornate full suit is almost 100 times as expensive as a cheap breastplate. That means I can start the breastplate out at 20 gold or so. If people max it out, I can add a 5th quality, at x5 of ornate, which would come to almost 10,000 gold. There will definitely be very few of those around.