Author Topic: Re: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 48170 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #135: March 02, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
I maintain my position that there is a vocal minority complaining here, and the vast majority of players thinks different. Why else would 50 gold still be a standard price for unique items? You can buy a small unit from that.

50 gold is really a small amount.  The average income for nobles on Atamara is 800 gold.  The lowest, FEI, is 240 gold.  When you think about it like that, 50 gold isn't much at all.  If an item were truly unique and useful it would be selling for a LOT more than 50 gold.  I understand that you want the unique items to be a low key aspect of the game.  Without an Advy who specializes in repairing items it is extremely difficult to keep an item for a long period of time.   There used to be an Advy on Dwilight who was AMAZING at repairing and finding unique items.  I had a farming system set up for unique items.  I would buy them and have others carry them into battle.  The advy was executed and I haven't been able to find an advy since then who will repair items.  Most have said that they won't because it is too difficult.   Since then I have treated unique items as temporary vanity titles.  I get my name associated with an item for a month or two until it falls apart.  I created an advy on Dwilight simply so I can try and understand their side of the unique item trade.  So far I haven't even found a sage. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)