Author Topic: Re: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 47763 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #30: February 23, 2012, 05:18:53 AM »
Sorry, I was misinformed.

There's a variance, but it's basically two-tiered. There's the items worth having (and even then, only barely), and there are the items that are total crap. I would never contemplate going through all the loops and uncertainties and micromanagement needed to maintain an item if it wasn't fantastic.

I know, but I think this would address the issue of item turnover in a system where items have 0 decay.

They don't represent someone's prestige or worth or wealth or connections or stature. What they do represent is someone's capacity to put up with constant annoyances.

On average, the lower the boost the item grants, the easier it is to maintain. It is only after the item has existed for a while that they tend to need the really regular repairs. Given peoples attitude right now they certainly DO represent some ones wealth and stature, since only the wealthy are apparently keen to spend the money to own the item, and they would need to have a few damn good advies to repair them. Mind you this ISN'T what is required, but as it seems to be the general opinion of the player base it is about the same thing.

The gain in prestige (a worthless stat) is mostly counteracted by their increased rate of decay.

Yeah, no they also gain in their skill boost, if anyone can even be bothered to sort that out. Seriously people need to stop posting when they have so little experience with the system.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.