Author Topic: Re: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 47938 times)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #45: February 23, 2012, 06:20:09 AM »
That is only true if the player base UNDERSTANDS the mechanics. Which from this thread they obviously don't. What is the point of changing the mechanics to fix a problem that is observer bias?
You may perhaps be right.  I know I certainly have very little understanding of the mechanics for unique items, and I've been playing for quite some time.

This does not mean the problem is with the players, though, but rather suggests to me that the mechanics have been poorly communicated to the players.  This may be partially intentional -- I know we're not intended to know exactly how everything works -- but means that you have to accept that the players will very often complain about things simply because they don't understand how it actually works -- and that it is no no way reasonable for them to understand many of the things they complain about.

That being said, now that I've looked around a bit on the Wiki, I've found out a little more about unique items, so I now know 'what is in theory possible.'  I don't really know any better what is 'normal,' or how easy it is to have items improved, or if items lasting years is an exception or the norm, or many other things.

So yes: players are complaining about stuff they don't understand, BECAUSE they don't understand, BECAUSE up to this thread, little effort has been put into helping them understand (as far as I know.  Perhaps I am wrong).