Author Topic: Re: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 47973 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #45: February 23, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »
Turn over of owner is good, but turn over of items is bad. So solution make repairs easier but still have items degrade.

I propose two things:

1) Change the item repair cost from specific items to a gold cost. adventurers will still need to either sell common items or earn the gold in some way to pay for the repair.

2) When items falls to 0% durability they do not simply disappear, they lose all their stats but the item itself remains in name only. The stats will have to be regained after it has been repaired. This still encourages noble/advy interaction and the advy can still run off with the item if they so wish. But items will remain in the game on the island to accumulate a history.

I think turn over of items is good, but that rapid turn over of items isn't so great. I'm interested to see how the new durability increases play out and what it means to the total life of an item. For repairs, I was thinking that instead of required specific items, the sage could require items from item group types. This would provide a higher chance of the advy having items in the inventory that match the requirements. But then until I see how the durability changes play out I can't really say if repairing needs to be made easier.

Something I would love to see though is the item recording its history in game, rather then relying on people to keep track of it on the wiki.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.