Author Topic: Re: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 47932 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #60: February 23, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »
Have you had a new item with the new durability changes? Cause that is exactly what they aimed to do, and I believe are relatively recent. If items last longer, the work required is reduced yes? Once people are actually providing feedback on the change, then we can examine if the change fixed the problem, if further tweaks to durability are needed or if the system needs to be rethought. There is little point to changing the system as is until it is determined that the most recent changes haven't had the intended effect.

If you haven't played as a advy, are you really all that confident in saying they are hard to repair? I certainly can't say much because I haven't tried repairing under the new system. Under the old system I never found it that hard, but then I spent considerable time gathering, so when I needed to repair something I had damn good chances of having the items and I was part of a advy group, so if I didn't have the items someone close by probably did. The new sage code means I can't really comment now, cause I have little experience with how easy/hard it is to find sages.

I've played an advy. I said I have had only slight experience from that side though. Yes, I have items from the new system, and at least one of them (if the system was implemented within the past two months) deteriorated very quickly. At least one other hasn't as of yet, but I only just recently got it. Even if they deteriorate slower, I still think under the new sage system, assuming the complaints I've heard are correct, then it should be a bit easier on their side. I cannot yet say what the new changes have done, but under the old system it wasn't working well imo.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."