Author Topic: Re: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 47931 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #60: February 23, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
I like unique items, I have had some fun RP with an Adventurer because of them. And my character has used them as gifts to other players to suit his own purposes. But, I think Unique items degrade too quickly still and I have several unique items that should fall under the new rules. (both Beluaterra if that matters)

I got a ring (Mysterious Band of the Undead +1) 99% two weeks ago. Now it is 90 %. Also have another item (Long-lost Flute of Warding +4) which has degraded from 97 % three weeks ago to 85%. 4-5% a week seems pretty high for a +1 item. I realize its different for each Unique but a Ring that degrades that fast?  :o

I would support changes to have easier options for repair, even if they are more expensive (such as using gold instead) or for Sages to offer more flexibility in what items are needed to repair items. I also like the idea of items that reach 0% durability not disappearing. Perhaps as a tradeoff, when items are in poor repair, say below 10-20% condition, they would no longer provide the holder any bonus?