Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 174598 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #300: June 25, 2011, 12:17:40 AM »
I wonder what the highest price for food on Dwilight is per 100 bushels.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: June 25, 2011, 01:05:16 AM »
I wonder what the highest price for food on Dwilight is per 100 bushels.

I think there's a cap of 50 gold per 100 bushels, isn't there?

And if so, it's Chénier in D'Hara and I think he would pay a lot more than that too, if he could.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #302: June 25, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »
A cap? Like, the game literally says you can't go higher than 50 gold? I'm not saying one way or the other, but are you sure? Maybe you mean warehouse and not those manual offers? Because as I understand it, those manual Trade Offers don't have any cap as long as you actually carry that much gold.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: June 25, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »
I think I heard that cap no longer being there any more, but that's just via via. Be best to test it out.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: June 25, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »
Madina the food prices range from 45-50gp per 100.   The lower number is . . . selling to our own cities.

And we probably have the largest food surplus in the South.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #305: June 25, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
Madina the food prices range from 45-50gp per 100.   The lower number is . . . selling to our own cities.

And we probably have the largest food surplus in the South.

I doubt it, unless you are sitting on thousands of extra bushels, and especially now that you have Madina back that won't continue for long.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: June 25, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »
500 bushels are for sale at 50gp per 100, in the region I'm sitting in.

Keep in mind, nearly all our regions produce 150-200 bushels of food, and we only have 40,000 peasants total.   Even with Madina fully population (har, har.   That'll be a while -.-) we still exceed our consumption by quite a bit.   Always have, we're a giant farmland basically.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #307: June 25, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
Huh, only 250 gold for all that?

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: June 25, 2011, 07:59:02 PM »
Personally I'm surprised he has a trade offer up at all.

We have such better deals, 50gp is basically giving our food away.   I suppose though we don't have to do the leg work if it's for sale in our region.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: June 25, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
Dibs!

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #310: June 25, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
They're worse than Cerwyn....  :(

Don't remind me  :-X
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: June 25, 2011, 11:40:45 PM »
I think food is one of the major contributing factors to Sanguis Astroism's success.  We have sold our food to our allies whenever we had some extra and usually for 20-30 gold per 100 bushels.  On rare occasions food has been given for free as well.   Coordinating food is vital to the success of your realm and allies.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: June 26, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »
I knew I didn't like Allison for a reason, giving away food for free.  Psh!   How are we suppose to get anyone to by food from Madina with SA giving it away for free?   Clearly this is her plot to destroy us.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #313: June 26, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, Lady Allison is the kindest and most considerate and honourable of any in the land of Dwilight.  8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: June 26, 2011, 05:51:33 AM »
I knew I didn't like Allison for a reason, giving away food for free.  Psh!   How are we suppose to get anyone to by food from Madina with SA giving it away for free?   Clearly this is her plot to destroy us.

D'Hara doesn't get any freebies, and still decided to no longer send any caravans to Madina because of its prices, getting better deals elsewhere. And when I think about it, greedy rural realms would probably be about the only target D'Hara could ever decide to get aggressive on, as the last thing we want and can accept is a price war that brings prices soaring up for all non-SA food markets.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron