Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 182157 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #345: July 04, 2011, 04:46:11 AM »
Yes, well, that was my idea, and the joke's on everyone who wanted to destroy SA. It was my brilliant (if I do say so myself) solution to the Entai problem. When Caerwyn stabbed us in the back, Astrum was in a pretty bad spot. We needed Morek's help ASAP, but their army was going to be unavailable until the Entai problem was solved. So, knowing that a big part of the dispute between Busto and Allison was Allison's desire to found a colony and Busto's refusal to let all those nobles go, I came up with a diabolical proposal. Allison would abandon Entai and do everything possible to facilitate Morek's reconquest of Aegir. In return, she and her followers would be offered a place in Astrum to help us fight and, assuming the war went well, Astrum would support a colony for her and her followers in Golden Farrow.

Out of this Faustian bargain, Rowan got 10+ nobles for Astrum's war effort, Morek's army in the field weeks before it would have been available otherwise, and instant unity within what had previously been a fractured Church. It didn't cost Rowan a thing, either. Busto and Allison both respected him enough that as soon as the offer was made, it was virtually a done deal. Given the course of the war, it looks like Golden Farrow will eventually be home to the newest Theocracy of Sanguis Astroism, our detractors be damned.

We aren't *trying* to conquer the whole continent, but if people keep screwing with us the way they have been it might just happen anyway  :)

That... is actually one of the savvier pieces of BM politics I've heard about recently. That's really quite a coup. Elegant even.

Now if Allison could be knifed in her sleep, leaving her group leaderless and no claimant to Golden Farrow with Astrum having complete and unmitigated rights to it, then it would be perfect.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner