Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 181892 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #405: August 07, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
Why is it that Caerwyn is so stubborn?  I thought this war might have taught them a little humility but they are still the same way.   They seem to hate Allison, which I understand, but why would they let that hatred blind them and lead them to their realms compete destruction?

It's not an uncommon problem.  In the war between Riombara and Luz de Bia (with various other allies on both sides at various times), after a good long time, Riombara gained the upper hand and was beating Luz de Bia in pretty much every battle, camping out in their capital, and taking almost all their other regions.  Riombara offered Luz de Bia peace, multiple times, each time offering back one of the regions we had taken from them.  They always refused.

Their counteroffer was, "Give us back all the regions you took from us, and half the regions that were yours when the war began, and we'll let you live."

They wouldn't even accept our help when the Third Invasion came and ended Riombara's attacks on them, and they were destroyed by either the undead or the Daimons.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan