Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 174634 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #210: June 12, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »
So I've changed my views, are you and everyone else going to grill me on that, now?

...Yes? Since it's a game it shouldn't be too nasty, it's more like a tidbit of vindication for those in Perdan or something.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: June 13, 2011, 10:05:40 PM »
S'all good :D I'm just here to have a good time.

Just wanted to say, I am VERY excited to see how this battle in Walefishire turns out! Especially because it's my region :P

Anyways, Caerwyn has level 2 walls and 11k CS versus the 22k of Astrum, Morek Empire and Corsanctum. Although they have 23.5k rallied in Duil, we all know 100% doesn't move.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: June 13, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »
S'all good :D I'm just here to have a good time.

Just wanted to say, I am VERY excited to see how this battle in Walefishire turns out! Especially because it's my region :P

Anyways, Caerwyn has level 2 walls and 11k CS versus the 22k of Astrum, Morek Empire and Corsanctum. Although they have 23.5k rallied in Duil, we all know 100% doesn't move.

You pagans stand no chance. We from Corsanctum are like spoiled kids: all brought oversized units.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: June 14, 2011, 12:45:54 AM »

What is that with directly engaging the enemy all the time?
I know big battles are fun, but perhaps not the most useful.

If Cearwyn's hiding in wafelshire, the allies should hit golden farrow or iato or split the army in two to keep the enemy in wafelshire longer so the other part can indirectly destroy the enemy by taking away his resources (no food no gold), pilage and maraud(turning regions rogue).

If they hit wafelshire they destroy a beautiful opportunity.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: June 14, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
What is that with directly engaging the enemy all the time?
I know big battles are fun, but perhaps not the most useful.

If Cearwyn's hiding in wafelshire, the allies should hit golden farrow or iato or split the army in two to keep the enemy in wafelshire longer so the other part can indirectly destroy the enemy by taking away his resources (no food no gold), pilage and maraud(turning regions rogue).

If they hit wafelshire they destroy a beautiful opportunity.

They have twice the CS strength, so the battle will be a pretty easy win. THEN they can go rampaging against them while they have no army to even put up a token resistance.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #215: June 14, 2011, 03:14:28 AM »
Overwhelming victories do tend to be very one sided. Ask Averoth.

Good luck in Wafelshire.

I'll put my bets on roasting marshmallows in Golden Farrow within a month.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: June 14, 2011, 03:38:57 AM »
Overwhelming victories do tend to be very one sided. Ask Averoth.

Good luck in Wafelshire.

I'll put my bets on roasting marshmallows in Golden Farrow within a month.

I've noticed that on FEI that even slight advantages tend to result in massive losses for the losers. Recently we had a battle of 18k to 15k. While the larger army lost about 4k immediately after the battle, the other side lost more like 11k.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: June 14, 2011, 03:42:54 AM »
I've noticed that on FEI that even slight advantages tend to result in massive losses for the losers. Recently we had a battle of 18k to 15k. While the larger army lost about 4k immediately after the battle, the other side lost more like 11k.

That was also a function of composition, though.  Infantry heavy army meets archer heavy army, the archers are going to take massive losses if they lose.  If the archer heavy army wins without having their melee line broken, of course, they'll take many fewer casualties than a more mixed army.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: June 14, 2011, 03:59:29 AM »
They have twice the CS strength, so the battle will be a pretty easy win. THEN they can go rampaging against them while they have no army to even put up a token resistance.

Agreed, that'd be my concern were I a Caerwyn military leader. Holding out behind lvl 5 walls is better than behind lvl 2 walls. Golden Farrow probably has nice militia, too.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: June 14, 2011, 08:18:50 AM »

Because they have twice the strength, they shouldn't engage, if one part would stay or move to another region next to wafelshire, you are certain that cearwyn will stay and try to engage you when they see a weak spot.
This way you control the enemy.

In case of a direct assualt, you would win the battle and have cearwyn refit and come back for you in a week or less with the same army.
By doing the above you can have much more time thus much more fun looting the crap out of them :P
Trust me 800 men or so are more then enough to loot regions rogue in Mather of (a)day(s).

When you your self choose to refit, you can first lure them into a trap with your two armies before you move north, also minimizing casualties and having had much more time.

direct assualt is only impossing and should be done to try and scare the enemy off.
If that's what you plan, good luck :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: June 14, 2011, 08:30:20 AM »
Or you move on to their capital and disrupt their refit. Or you acknowledged that recruiting an entire army is expensive even IF your RC's are big enough to handle it, and that training and cohesion of the new units is likely to be rubbish and thus the amount of time they can suffer a defeat of that size is limited. Controlling you enemy is much much more then just having them sit still. It is engaged them on your terms, and really when you HAVE 22k, and some of that force has a long march home to refit, then often your terms are whenever you can get them to sit still and be squashed. Once they know you are approaching the time for refits, they should be much more cautious about engaging you anyway, I mean they just avoided fighting you until you needed to refit its not like they suddenly wake up and think, hey we should totally attack them now after all that looting they did.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: June 14, 2011, 08:36:28 AM »
It takes almost a month for our allies to refit and get their armies back to Astrum.   I am the one planning and coordinating the SA offensive against Caerwyn.  I put a lot of thought into going around Walefshire and hitting their rurals.   My army already had siege engines for the assault on Walefshire and we had the forces to attack it.  Might as well get it over and done with.  If we can make Walefshire go rogue then we won't have to worry about Caerwyn using it as a base to refit their troops.   

If Caerwyn doesn't have those walls to hide behind, then when Astrum's army is alone we stand a much better chance of dealing with them in the open field.  Also its a 3 turn move from Duil to Kyzanes since we are loaded down with SE and caravans.   The Armies of SA have some pretty good coordination.   We only had 1 unit arrive early in our 2 turn move to Duil and we didn't have any units arrive early on our 2 turn attack of Walefshire. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: June 14, 2011, 04:17:19 PM »
We only had 1 unit arrive early in our 2 turn move to Duil and we didn't have any units arrive early on our 2 turn attack of Walefshire.
I hope someone told that one guy about the "Do not arrive" button...  :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: June 14, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »
Battle in Walefishire   (5 minutes ago)
(rogue), Astrum, Corsanctum, Morek Empire vs. Caerwyn
Estimated strengths: 1400 men vs. 710 men
The Halgawaras-Ingaevoangeln (Caerwyn), sponsored by Sir Hyperion Harte, High Magistrate of Caerwyn, Earl of Walefishire, were led into battle by Marshal Infaustus Godhelm Brythonic.
The Legion of the Golden Griffin (Caerwyn), sponsored by Feawen Aldaríon (Lord), were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Graviel Lupercal.
The Defenders of the Blood Stars (Astrum), sponsored by Sir Brance Indirik, Vasilif of Astrum, Duke of Libidizedd, were led into battle by Marshal Allison Kabrinski.
The Corsanctum's Sword (Corsanctum), sponsored by Sir Branthorpe Silverbear, High Inquisitor of Corsanctum, Marquis of Freke's Deep, were led into battle by Marshal Chlodio Cuvelier.
The Order of the Auspicious Star (Morek Empire), sponsored by Francois de Leon, Duke of Donghaiwei, were led into battle by Marshal Masaharu Hayabusa.
Sergio Mozzoni, Strategos of Astrum is spotted wearing the Ornate Jacket of Protection.
Chlodio Cuvelier, Marshal of the Corsanctum's Sword is spotted wielding the Long-Lost Dagger.
Sir Branthorpe Silverbear, High Inquisitor of Corsanctum, Marquis of Freke's Deep is spotted wearing the Mysterious Chain Mail from the North.
Allison Kabrinski, Marshal of the Defenders of the Blood Stars is spotted wielding the Mysterious Club.
Thomas Greyson, General of Corsanctum is spotted wielding the Enchanted Shield of Reflection.
Wulfric Lucifer (Knight of Grazne, Caerwyn) was captured by Allison Kabrinski's unit.
Jeremy Sedgwick, Viscount of Kybcyell was captured by Aram Stien's unit.
Chlodio Cuvelier, Marshal of the Corsanctum's Sword was captured by Daenah Dragoria's unit.
Attacker Victory!

Haven't see the battle report yet...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.