Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176070 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #330: July 02, 2011, 09:37:26 AM »
Terran is a pretty hip place.  Its the San Fransisco of Dwilight.

Asylon is Seattle. 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: July 02, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »

Asylon is Seattle. 8)

So Morek Empire is Russia, Astrum is China and SA is Communism :P
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: July 02, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
I guess that makes Caerwyn early-20th century Italy.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: July 02, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »
I guess that makes Caerwyn early-20th century Italy.

poor them..

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: July 02, 2011, 04:09:07 PM »
Then Thulsoma was North Korea: they are insular, small yet dangerous, took the playbook from their neighbors and completely corrupted its meaning, and their ruler is a complete nutjob.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: July 02, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
Then Thulsoma was North Korea: they are insular, small yet dangerous, took the playbook from their neighbors and completely corrupted its meaning, and their ruler is a complete nutjob.

QFT

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: July 02, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »

Asylon is Seattle. 8)
It's true. Terran is like the little down town hole-in-the-wall venue on Dwilight where that One-Band-With-Acoustic-Guitars-That-Of-Course-No-One-Else-Has-Heard-Of-Before is playing and we're the horn-rimmed glasses, skinny jeans, and deep V wearing Nobles who populate it.

Oh God. Is this seriously how we are perceived?

I am embarrassed. I see Terran as a conservative, reactionary, militaristic, aristocratic republic. More like the British colonial regime of India than a hipster dive.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: July 02, 2011, 08:14:31 PM »
Oh God. Is this seriously how we are perceived?

I am embarrassed. I see Terran as a conservative, reactionary, militaristic, aristocratic republic. More like the British colonial regime of India than a hipster dive.

Well, yes, we are.

We only mean hip by we're awesome and successful so people want to come to our realm!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #338: July 02, 2011, 08:20:16 PM »
Terran is gonna become a very interesting place if a whole bunch of Anti-SA'ers arrive, given that Terran is pretty pro-SA for a Southern Realm.   I can't see that going over. . .smoothly.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: July 02, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
Terran is gonna become a very interesting place if a whole bunch of Anti-SA'ers arrive, given that Terran is pretty pro-SA for a Southern Realm.   I can't see that going over. . .smoothly.

Nor can I. I was intending to step down from my ducal post soon. If a bunch of anti-SAers show up, I may have to hang around for longer, to ensure they get pushed out of the realm, moderated, or kept from political power.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: July 03, 2011, 02:19:49 AM »
But, if you do that, then who will Allison's new SA theocracy in Golden Farrow fight? Someone has to step up and volunteer to be our next target.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: July 03, 2011, 02:27:45 AM »
Nor can I. I was intending to step down from my ducal post soon. If a bunch of anti-SAers show up, I may have to hang around for longer, to ensure they get pushed out of the realm, moderated, or kept from political power.

Oh, that would be a lot of fun intra-realm intrigue.    Pity were way to far south for it. . but hey.   If Terran's busy with its own problems Madina can do what we want >.>

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: July 03, 2011, 03:59:47 AM »

It would be a shame if Terran changed its spots and turned against the Church. Of course, being neighbors with Allison is generally an excellent way to contract anti-SA disease. I don't envy Terran that challenge in the event that her dreams of a colony in GF come to pass.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: July 03, 2011, 04:24:18 AM »
Allison is like the pit-bull of SA, but she isn't completely crazy, just mostly crazy.   Besides, nobles she likes are in positions of authority in Terran.  Rebuilding GF from the ashes it will be in when I finally do get it will take a /long/ time. 

Expanding the faith is always a goal for her though.  So she will be a slightly nosy neighbor.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: July 03, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »

Actually, if you're considered that Hyperion is an anti-SAist, you are incorrect. He was pro-war and only used you guys as en excuse to get Caerwyn to get rid of that stupid Too Much Peace feature, even though it was reduced.

Now I'm mainly off to Terran because supposedly the work together pretty well, which rarely happens in Caerwyn anymore. Since I was High Magistrate and I've announced I am leaving, there are about 5 or more candidates running for High Magistrate. It's great to see I had such a strong hold on m position and then people flock when it opens up.  8)

Anywas, I look forward to working with Vellos and Raz in Terran along with whoever else is there. And go hunting in Barca! Excited to join a  completely new crowd considering it's Dwilight.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)