Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176032 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #360: July 05, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »

The only troublesome consequence is that Allison's ego has no boundaries these days, and every now and then letters sent by her to caerwyn reach us with a lot of protests. I guess that's her problem once she leads a realm and people will start knocking on her door to ask explanations for her words.

:D   Allison isn't /that/ bad!     So let me see if I understand this correctly,  Caerwyn talks a big game when they are winning, then when Allison returns the favor(after kicking their asses) they go whining to Morek?   HAHAHAHA!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #361: July 06, 2011, 03:49:31 PM »
Allison and Bustoarsenzio are the two we should thank for making Morek a powerhouse. Allison for her decisive leadership back when Libero and Raivan attacked Xinhai when her back was turned, and Bustoarsenzio for providing the military expertise to fight wars and teaching willing students the art of war. This provided Morek with a wealth of able marshals.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #362: July 06, 2011, 04:53:32 PM »
Allison and Bustoarsenzio are the two we should thank for making Morek a powerhouse. Allison for her decisive leadership back when Libero and Raivan attacked Xinhai when her back was turned, and Bustoarsenzio for providing the military expertise to fight wars and teaching willing students the art of war. This provided Morek with a wealth of able marshals.

During that war Anabellium was the ruler of Xinhai. Allison was elected shortly after the end of the war, when Xinhai took over Aegir and Muspelheim and changed name to Morek Empire. I can't recall exactly what did Allison do during the war though. I think she may have been the banker of Xinhai.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #363: July 07, 2011, 04:01:02 AM »
oh and I hope this remains all ooc - for real. an ambassador of morek is on his way to terran and it's likely that she'll receive a LOT of questions about the Allison thing. It would be disappointing to ruin this nice piece of game with ooc knowledge coming from the forum

I rather doubt Allison will get much mention in Terran. The only IC interaction any non-SA Terran noble has had with Allison, as far as I know, is Hireshmont II, and it was a looooong time ago. I joined the Warders of the Temple, and quietly remained a member for about 3 or 4 months until Allison noticed and threw me out. Whatever propaganda Allison and Caerwyn are spewing in the north, approximately 0% of it is reaching Terran.

We live in our own little world. We get the gossip from Asylon, D'Hara, Barca, Aurvandil, Madina, Fissoa, and sometimes the Lurian realms. Caerwyn and the Astroist realms... we occasionally hear distant rumblings. But mostly we figure it doesn't affect us very much; we're fairly chill with SA and VE both, so why bother about it? We're much more interesting in mauling hordes of monsters and colonizing Maroccidens (and Mesoccidens).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #364: July 07, 2011, 05:17:16 AM »
During that war Anabellium was the ruler of Xinhai. Allison was elected shortly after the end of the war, when Xinhai took over Aegir and Muspelheim and changed name to Morek Empire. I can't recall exactly what did Allison do during the war though. I think she may have been the banker of Xinhai.

Is that so? Huh, my memory must be faulty. Ah well, Anabellium certainly did much to make Morek great as well.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #365: July 07, 2011, 06:26:36 AM »
I rather doubt Allison will get much mention in Terran. The only IC interaction any non-SA Terran noble has had with Allison, as far as I know, is Hireshmont II, and it was a looooong time ago. I joined the Warders of the Temple, and quietly remained a member for about 3 or 4 months until Allison noticed and threw me out. Whatever propaganda Allison and Caerwyn are spewing in the north, approximately 0% of it is reaching Terran.

We live in our own little world. We get the gossip from Asylon, D'Hara, Barca, Aurvandil, Madina, Fissoa, and sometimes the Lurian realms. Caerwyn and the Astroist realms... we occasionally hear distant rumblings. But mostly we figure it doesn't affect us very much; we're fairly chill with SA and VE both, so why bother about it? We're much more interesting in mauling hordes of monsters and colonizing Maroccidens (and Mesoccidens).

I'm surprised you don't hear more, what with Labell being Light of the Auspicious and all. He ought to know pretty well what is going on in the Church at any given time.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366: July 07, 2011, 07:22:35 AM »
I'm surprised you don't hear more, what with Labell being Light of the Auspicious and all. He ought to know pretty well what is going on in the Church at any given time.

I'm sure he does. And our Chief Magistrate (Ruler) is also a member of SA.

They don't really ever share, with the realm at large at least, what is going on within SA. I assume because the majority of the realm is Triunist and one or two of the Triunists don't get along with SA, and Labell in particular.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #367: July 08, 2011, 04:36:59 AM »

Note that I said non-SA nobles have little concern for Allison.

But, as Perth said, Labell and Vigilans don't bring up church politics in public. Aside from them, I don't even know if there are other Astroists around, there may very well be, and they're just kinda quiet. I didn't realize Labell was actually a high-ranker until recently.

Labell probably knows quite a bit about what is going on in SA. But Labell also knows better than to bring up SA a lot in public discussions. The topic becomes very sore very quickly once the discussion reaches any depth, given that those who are politically anti-SA and the most rabidly Maroccidentalist in outlook tend to also be Triunist. And there's some lingering hatred between Labell and Dallas that needs only a mild prodding to be brought back to life.

I'm really quite curious about Morek's ambassador. We have so very little to do with Morek that I really don't know what we'll talk about.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #368: July 08, 2011, 06:59:19 AM »
I really think Morek does an awesome job at diplomacy. Or atleast takes a proactive approach. A while back they sent an ambassador to Asylon with a gift of gold. Granted, the gold was for a temple. I heard they were proposing peace to madina and trying to mediate hostilities. Now they are sending another ambassador to the west.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #369: July 08, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »
I really think Morek does an awesome job at diplomacy. Or atleast takes a proactive approach. A while back they sent an ambassador to Asylon with a gift of gold. Granted, the gold was for a temple. I heard they were proposing peace to madina and trying to mediate hostilities. Now they are sending another ambassador to the west.

Yes they understand the importance of traveling around and offering an open hand towards foreigners.
They know, or atleast Pierre knows how to deal with diplomacy.
Even though he felt really awkward trying to fit in among the Madinans and there drinking culture (the first 'meeting' pierre puked all over the place and caused allot of amusement), he does know how to reach out to people.

Diplomacy, like many other things is just like warfare:
To wage a defensive war will eventually always lead to submission(suntzu)

Want something? need something? go out there and grab it!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #370: July 25, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
I think we can say this crusade against SA is all done except for the  :'(     

Caerwyn lost over 22,000 peasants in their capitol this winter, their whole military is down to about 12k cs and the secession/starvation/looting has dropped their realm income by over 3,000 gold. 

Prepare yourselves southern Dwilight!  Allison is moving a little bit closer... 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: July 26, 2011, 02:34:38 AM »
Southern Dwilight... you mean Asylon, D'Hara, and Terran... which all have open religious policies and include viable SA minorities?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #372: July 26, 2011, 02:38:55 AM »
NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #373: July 26, 2011, 02:44:30 AM »
Some of us are.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: July 26, 2011, 03:59:49 AM »
Some of us are.

MUhahhahhahh muhhahhahah muhahahahah, yes indeed. 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...