Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176055 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #390: July 31, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »
And there will be more Astroists in Terran in the future.

No I'm not already planning my next Dwilight character.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: August 01, 2011, 07:56:52 PM »
A new war is breaking out   (just in)
Libero Empire has declared war on Caerwyn.
Ha! We've got you now, Caerwyn! This was the last thing we needed to seal your fate.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #392: August 01, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »
For the stars~! Eh.. Another big realm disappearing from Dwilight. Well about time we clear out the most annoying realm ever for SA.

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: August 02, 2011, 03:46:00 AM »
Well it was a fun war. Ultimately Caerwyn picked a fight with too many realms and our allies completely failed us/or imploded. lessons learned.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #394: August 02, 2011, 05:30:21 AM »
Well it was a fun war. Ultimately Caerwyn picked a fight with too many realms and our allies completely failed us/or imploded. lessons learned.

Your allies would have been there had you been attacked. But since you declared...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: August 02, 2011, 06:08:43 AM »
Your allies would have been there had you been attacked. But since you declared...

And had not have isolated and ignored Asylon for months at a time.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #396: August 02, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
Yeah. We dug our own grave on this one. Thr real question now is can we avoid getting our whole body in it.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Zakilevo

« Reply #397: August 02, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
Well Caerywn will lose the capital for sure and most of the eastern inner sea regions.

Caerwyn will probably shrink to a single duchy realm. If Caerwyn manage to win against Itau, it will become a dual duchy realm.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: August 02, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
Well Caerywn will lose the capital for sure and most of the eastern inner sea regions.

Caerwyn will probably shrink to a single duchy realm. If Caerwyn manage to win against Itau, it will become a dual duchy realm.

Caerwyn should really put all her efforts into getting peace agreements signed. If not with everyone at once, with key players individually.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: August 02, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
Caerwyn should really put all her efforts into getting peace agreements signed.
They would have to actually propose a peace treaty for that to happen. We're still waiting.

If not with everyone at once, with key players individually.
First, won't happen. Second, I don't think it will matter. At this point, I'm wondering if Caerwyn can even be saved.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: August 02, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »
Caerwyn has /some/ bargaining power left.  That is only because their walls and RC's have some value.   They waited too long.  Now their capitol is in ruins froom starvation they don't even appear to be threatening anymore.   Swift capitulation might earn them a small amount of gratitude but like Indirik said, they haven't even made any offer of terms.  If their first letter about peace could be considered peace terms it was more insulting than anything else.

I would like to try and save one or two of those RC's and the walls.  That is the only value that Caerwyn has right now.   Their infrastructure is the only thing of value they have.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: August 02, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »
For the record I got Caerwyn's proposed peace treaty today. From reading it, you'd almost think that Caerwyn was on the verge of breaking Astrum, rather than in the middle of a death spiral.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: August 02, 2011, 02:20:14 PM »
For the record I got Caerwyn's proposed peace treaty today. From reading it, you'd almost think that Caerwyn was on the verge of breaking Astrum, rather than in the middle of a death spiral.

Let me guess: "You will give back all the regions you took from us, as well as a couple of your own, and swear never to set foot on our soil again. Oh, and burn down every Astroist temple."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: August 02, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »
Not *quite* that bad. But part of it was that we would all recognize "traditional realm borders", including that Astrum would give back Walefishire.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #404: August 02, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
What I found most striking about it was what it says about what they think we want.