Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 174625 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #510: August 28, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
If you head to Madina it's like going in a new continent, if you go to Asylon it's going to continue to deal with Astrum and SA... a really interesting choice

It'll take us a while to settle the Aurvandil war, then rebuild some.   

After that time to form a Southern Bloc I think.   I mean, we got SA to the North, the Moot to the West, and the PeL/Luria Nova faction to the East.   Clearly we need one in the South just to keep things even :D

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #511: August 29, 2011, 06:13:28 AM »
It'll take us a while to settle the Aurvandil war, then rebuild some.   

After that time to form a Southern Bloc I think.   I mean, we got SA to the North, the Moot to the West, and the PeL/Luria Nova faction to the East.   Clearly we need one in the South just to keep things even :D
A bloc of... Madina? Madina + Fissoa? You may have waited too long to get started on your hegemony, but you have an interesting opportunity now that all these Caerwynian nobles are showing up. If Madina and Aurvandil weren't at eachother's throats you could from a real bloc. You could even unite to potentially challenge the power of the Veinsormoot and push back against Barca's claims. Think about it...  ;)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #512: August 29, 2011, 06:21:17 AM »
Aurvandil will be replaced by a new Realm once we wipe them out :)

I'd go with just expanding the power base of Madina, but I couldn't quite work that one out with everyone sadly :(

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #513: August 29, 2011, 06:24:45 AM »
Aurvandil will be replaced by a new Realm once we wipe them out :)

I'd go with just expanding the power base of Madina, but I couldn't quite work that one out with everyone sadly :(

Ah, but you lack the nobles to replace Aurvandil, don't you? With them you might be a true bloc. Without them you're likely to be eclipsed by the Veinsormoot, unless you are able to step up your recruitment and retention dramatically.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #514: August 29, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
Ah, but you lack the nobles to replace Aurvandil, don't you? With them you might be a true bloc. Without them you're likely to be eclipsed by the Veinsormoot, unless you are able to step up your recruitment and retention dramatically.

Indeed. With current the current trend in gains of Nobles, by the time Madina has enough Nobles to recolonize the area, it is likely Barca will already be big enough (especially with aid from Terran and D'Hara) to spoil any possible colony attempt if they want.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #515: August 29, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »
Unless they decide to work with the Lurians, which may already be starting...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #516: August 29, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »
Asylon has become very interesting indeed.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #517: August 29, 2011, 08:07:24 AM »
Indeed. With current the current trend in gains of Nobles, by the time Madina has enough Nobles to recolonize the area, it is likely Barca will already be big enough (especially with aid from Terran and D'Hara) to spoil any possible colony attempt if they want.

They should have enough nobles from Caerwyn to start up the Candiels duchy. Barca has already made angry noises about Twainville though.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #518: August 29, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
Funny how people suggest Madina to 'get along' with Aurvendil... ???
Hows that even possible?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Karnen

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #519: August 29, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
The power of the moot' is overated anyway.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #520: August 29, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
Overated? We never had to amass our full strength. Barca is still growing, Terran has a strong military, and D'Hara should be able to double their military force. Madina and a possible new Caerwynian republic can't counter our strength.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521: August 29, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »
Overated? We never had to amass our full strength. Barca is still growing, Terran has a strong military, and D'Hara should be able to double their military force. Madina and a possible new Caerwynian republic can't counter our strength.  ;)
Honestly, we'll never know that until someone challenges you. If you're good, you'll be able to amass some serious strength. But since you've never had to do it, then when the times comes to do it, I imagine it will take quite some time to shake off the rust.

One good thing you have in your area is the lack of serious monster attacks. That's one of the things that keeps us busy in the north. (And keeps PeL and Morek busy, too!) Perhaps one day, when you have expanded to fill all those rogue regions around you, you'll have to challenge the Zuma for more land. That's what I'm hoping to see. :) A Viensormoot/Zuma war. :P Woohoo!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #522: August 29, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »
(And keeps PeL and Morek busy, too!)

It does?

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #523: August 29, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
One good thing you have in your area is the lack of serious monster attacks. That's one of the things that keeps us busy in the north. (And keeps PeL and Morek busy, too!) Perhaps one day, when you have expanded to fill all those rogue regions around you, you'll have to challenge the Zuma for more land. That's what I'm hoping to see. :) A Viensormoot/Zuma war. :P Woohoo!
It would certainly be cool to challenge the Zuma, however the barren lands they occupy aren't worth the trouble. And even if we can defeat the Zuma, will Dwilight remain free from those Daimons?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524: August 29, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
Well, I thought so. I figured you would have lots of monsters on your southern border. I know Astrum is constantly battling hordes of invading monsters on our northern and western borders.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.