Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176018 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #105: March 22, 2011, 11:19:24 AM »
Considering the experience of some of the Astrum players, I'm sure they already realise that. That said several realms have fought and won wars on more then 2 fronts before, its a hard situation, but certainly doable.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #106: March 22, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »
Can't wait to actually see Astrum do something smart in this war so far.  :P I wonder when they realize how hard it is to fight a two-front war and what a great position Caerwyn if it comes to a defensive war.

I'm hoping this arrogance is from a character perspective because the forces that will be arrayed against Caerwyn will be nothing short of a shock and awe campaign (to steal a line from Donny Rumsfeld). Readying the war machine takes time in massive realm(s), but as soon as she begins to pump and billow smoke it is truly something to be feared.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: March 22, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
Can't wait to actually see Astrum do something smart in this war so far.  :P

Oh come on, we got jumped from behind by a sneak attack, while facing a surprise 12K CS army on the other side of our realm, where we expected only 9K. What did you expect, instant reaction from a 20K CS reserve army?

I wonder when they realize how hard it is to fight a two-front war and what a great position Caerwyn if it comes to a defensive war.

OK, do you really think that everyone is Astrum is stupid, and has never fought a war before? Seriously, you're starting to go a bit far with this OOC trash talk.

And besides, what makes you think this will be a two-front war for very long?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #108: March 22, 2011, 04:53:50 PM »
Yes, indeed Astrum bent over backwards which she should not have done. Dang I am trapped in the city with only 2 other nobles lol.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: March 22, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Can't wait to actually see Astrum do something smart in this war so far.  :P I wonder when they realize how hard it is to fight a two-front war and what a great position Caerwyn if it comes to a defensive war.

What makes you think it will stay a two front war?

Zakilevo

« Reply #110: March 22, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »
I hope you realize Astrum has allies?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: March 22, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
what a great position Caerwyn if it comes to a defensive war.

Err.... I'm gonna go ahead and say you're wrong on that. The current frontier is 4 regions from your capital, 2 from theirs. They have 2 cities close to the frontlines where they can repair and cash bonds; you have a townsland.

Taking Duil was certainly a good start for ya'll... but you better take Chrysantalys pretty fast.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #112: March 23, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
Caerywn cannot access our northern regions unless they go through Eidulb Outskirts or through monster infested mountains. Good lucky with going over EO with 8k CS.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: March 23, 2011, 01:11:07 AM »
Err.... I'm gonna go ahead and say you're wrong on that.

I wasn't going to correct his misinformed ideas. Now you've gone and spoiled it.  :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: March 24, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
Oh come on, we got jumped from behind by a sneak attack, while facing a surprise 12K CS army on the other side of our realm, where we expected only 9K. What did you expect, instant reaction from a 20K CS reserve army?

OK, do you really think that everyone is Astrum is stupid, and has never fought a war before? Seriously, you're starting to go a bit far with this OOC trash talk.

And besides, what makes you think this will be a two-front war for very long?

I apologize for my rude attitude, but you and your friends were trash-talking Caerwyn a bunch earlier. You called us liars and that we fabricated wars. If you don't want to hear the !@#$ then don't shovel it out.  Though at least I have the guts to admit I'm wrong. I know we're all passionate about our realms, but drop the attitudes and I shall as well? I was hoping this would just turn into a nice chat but instead it's more like a bitch-fight between us.

Another thing I'd like to add is that you Astrumites are also being arrogant in the whole "who said it was gonna be a two-front war for long?" Sure if you get rid of Averoth soon it will be easier for Astrum and her allies to fight us. But the nobles from Averoth are also very well organized like you have seen and I would hope that majority of them join Caerwyn as we would be the best chance to continue to the fight. It would enable us to take Via, Lower Via, Kid's Rock, and other regions.

So how about we be nice? Yeah? I am sorry for my comment earlier, in was unintended to be rude.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:45:53 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #115: March 24, 2011, 07:04:41 AM »
We just need to remind ourselves losing your realm is not the end of the world.

People just need to be cool in ooc :)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: March 24, 2011, 07:41:24 AM »
We just need to remind ourselves losing your realm is not the end of the world.

People just need to be cool in ooc :)

Yeah, I have been trying to say this for a while.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: March 24, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »
That's the way BM works, you win some, you lose some. If Caerwyn dies then I can finally go to PeL and try to get a following to create a colony  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #118: March 24, 2011, 08:23:12 AM »
Well if Astrum loses, I am gonna go to southern realms and join one of smaller ones. I am actually a bit tired of playing in a big realm :( Never had a chance to play in a tiny realm.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: March 24, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
That's the way BM works, you win some, you lose some. If Caerwyn dies then I can finally go to PeL and try to get a following to create a colony  ;D

Why go to PeL for colonization? In Madina, a citizens right to colonize is written in the very constitution! all you need is your liege consensus. ;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog