Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 173990 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #180: May 12, 2011, 01:45:01 AM »
Baal makes me chuckle ;D

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: May 12, 2011, 01:55:09 AM »
bah, was inprisoned after the second round...

Going basicly alone against the whole SA army was fun!
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: May 12, 2011, 04:20:18 AM »
Mreh, even if every noble of Averoth eventually joins Caerwyn (I say eventually because they have to make it there through Astrum first - not an easy thing), that will just even things up.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #183: May 12, 2011, 09:48:24 AM »
I would say the same in your position. Although, alone you would not have been able to take on Averoth,  Caerwyn and the rogue forces. The rogue forces aren't going away, so you still have to defend your north-western border. While Caerwyn has few nobles compared to its size, so they can easily maintain another 40 nobles. It will increase their army, and their home regions will be better maintained to provide more resources to fight with.

After the "Golden Farrow will be next" talk, I think you might have underestimated your opponents.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: May 12, 2011, 10:18:34 AM »
:)  Golden Farrow is next.   

Why would we let Caerwyn remain strong after what they did?   Even if they got 40 more nobles that won't necessarily help them.   Can their military infrastructure handle that?  Do they have the RC capacity to outfit that many more nobles?   

Another thing you have to understand is that Astrum didn't even send all of its forces to the battle in Valkyrja.  We left an army defending the North West and we left an army defending the south. 

The best I saw Caerwyn field was 8,000 CS mobile.   Doubling their nobles /might/ double their CS.   Unfortunately for them they don't have level 7 walls to hide behind like Thulsoma and Averoth.    Once SA is able to get an army into their rurals it will be the beginning of the end.  Economic Warfare!   On Dwilight, food is vital.  More so than other continents.  If they lose a rural or two from monsters, or they let us slip an army past them and we can loot their food then GF starts to starve. 

I think starvation has killed more realms on Dwilight than everything else combined.   I haven't kept track, but that is my best guess.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: May 12, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »
alone you would not have been able to take on Averoth,  Caerwyn and the rogue forces.

That's why we have allies. Allies that are actually close enough to us to be able to support us. An ally on the other side of the continent isn't exactly useful.

After the "Golden Farrow will be next" talk, I think you might have underestimated your opponents.

Actually, I think our opponents underestimated us.

This will probably be a difficult war for both sides. Caerwyn may eventually get more nobles from the demise of Averoth. But they still have a very daunting task ahead of them, trying to break through Astrum's wall of walls. Astrum has lots of rurals to burn down, but an entire northern border to defend against monsters.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: May 12, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »
It's too bad cannibalism wasn't one of the options to stave off hunger... Literally devouring your own population...muahhahah 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: May 12, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »
Maybe that is how Sallowtown can be viable!   They could raid with Caravans.  Instead of adding food to the caravans they get 1 "Food" per peasant killed.    Would be really funny and interesting.    It will never happen, but the idea is intriguing. 

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: May 15, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »
Were all of the battles in Valkyrja "Huge Battles"  reported to the rest of Dwilight?  Or was it just the first one?

Zakilevo

« Reply #189: May 15, 2011, 02:31:52 AM »
Just the first one. After the first one, Averoth lost 70% of their units and SA side gained more CS from reinforcements.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: May 15, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
Whats the current noble death count for Averoth now? They seem to lost a whole bunch of nobles in the battles.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #191: May 15, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
http://battlemaster.org/statistics/realmstat.php?ShowWorld=8&Type=PlayersActive&simple=0&ShowOnly=26

I don't know if that will work externally, however Averoth is down from the 50 active nobles it had on 4/15 to it's lowest point of 36 on 5/9. Amazingly enough, nobles seem to be returning to the single region realm, there are currently 42 nobles.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: May 16, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
I don't think that too many of them actually got killed in battle. I know that I saw one. There may have been more. Averoth lost many nobles before the first battle ever happened. Slow leakage of players to other places?

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #193: May 16, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »
Looks like four:

Phil Drake (Lord of Averoth) has been killed by Maddening Star First Battalion (42).
Alex Coulton Hoxcroft (Noble of Averoth) has been killed by Black Sun Guard (9).
Danimsir Azul (Knight of Valkyrja, Averoth) has been killed by Skadi Guardians (48).
Ambrosius Aurelianus Brythonic (Noble of Averoth) has been killed by Ternathian Marines (36).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: May 16, 2011, 02:52:21 PM »
Wow. That's quite a few.