Author Topic: Why visit an estate?  (Read 10609 times)

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
Re: Why visit an estate?
« Reply #15: March 27, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »
Why would a wealthy duke not have feasts often? They are wealthy and thus should have feasts more often.

I'm thinking along the lines of a trade off between authentically and what might work best game wise, as not only should it keep most folk on a level playing field, but hopefully prevent it becoming an almost everyday occurrence for something like that happening in the realm, and thereby lose some/most of it's meaning.

It could also be reasoned game wise that doing it over much would not only stop fellow nobles from being impressed but exactly the opposite, as rather then thinking what a jolly good and generous sort you are, would instead start thinking of you as either at best simply boorish or at worst a veritable overbearing bragard.

Ha and besides I'm hoping could be quite a few different things to host/throw, ie a few different variations of the basic hunt,  feast and banquet, so even if you've used one up for the year (or what ever) there's likely always something else  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:41:42 PM by Longmane »
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"