Author Topic: Dwilight Travel Times  (Read 17017 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Travel Times
« Reply #30: March 13, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
I liked D'Hara, when I joined it, because of its isolation potential. Take the recent delay arrival option and add to that reduced travel times, and we are suddenly a whole lot more accessible to bored warmongers that lack the originality or will to do anything more exciting than just try to find the next unbeliever to bash. That some want to do that is fine, I wouldn't be on Dwi at all if I thought otherwise, but that some of these people feel entitled to have this made easier for them, that gets to me. It is, in my eyes, nothing short of a request for unfair preferential treatment, masked by a generic request of generalizable changes.

If anything, I think the travel times should be increased, especially when outside of your own realm, with perhaps the ability to directly invest in better roads.
So, you joined D'Hara because you liked the isolation. And now you want travel times lengthened, especially for people not in their own realm. That sure sounds to me like "a request for unfair preferential treatment, masked by a generic request of generalizable changes."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.