Author Topic: Dwilight Travel Times  (Read 17014 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Travel Times
« Reply #30: March 14, 2012, 12:42:59 AM »
Though there might be those who dislike D'hara in SA as a whole they are not anti-D'hara I would say though feel free to correct me.

I would say this is mostly accurate. As with anything in SA there are a few who feel passionately about D'Hara on both sides of the argument, while the majority are pragmatic over the issue.

Considering the amount of SA temples and followers in D'Hara, its highly unlikely that anything short of a diplomatic disaster would cause any sort of "crusade" to be declared.

However contrary to popular belief the SA realms actually manage most foreign policy outside of the Church, so the real question is not the relationship between D'Hara and SA, but D'Hara and the individual theocracies. From what I know there doesn't appear to be any significant problems here aside from Kabrinskia.

As for travel times (so I feel like I'm posting slightly on topic): For the moment I haven't seen anything that appears to beg the need for them to change. Long scale wars are possible with allied help (see Caerwynian War) and the delay arrival option makes sea travel far more viable.

Drastically reducing travel times will give Dwilight a very different feel. Perhaps in the future, if Dwilight becomes so entrenched into regional power-blocks that it grows stale, we could have such a debate and come to a mutual decision (and I do mean that- I am really not the fan of this mentality that we must rp our characters differently for purely OOC reasons, especially on an SMA continent), but Dwilight has far too much to offer with it's current feel to suddenly decide to change it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:01:46 AM by Meneldur »