Author Topic: Calculating Estate percentages  (Read 3887 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Calculating Estate percentages
« Topic Start: March 09, 2012, 12:21:07 AM »
How are the efficiencies and gold yield of an estate calculated?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Calculating Estate percentages
« Reply #1: March 09, 2012, 12:23:16 AM »
I'm fairly certain this is an aspect of the game that you should find out yourself.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #2: March 09, 2012, 01:35:15 AM »
I believe it's based on the number of peasants--there's a max number of peasants that you can effectively tax.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: March 09, 2012, 02:29:50 AM »
I believe it's based on the number of peasants--there's a max number of peasants that you can effectively tax.

Ah, I misunderstood the question.  I thought the OP was asking for ways to optimize the efficiency and gold yield.  Apologies.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 09, 2012, 02:51:17 AM »

I believe it depends both on region type and on region population.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

« Reply #5: March 09, 2012, 05:46:13 AM »
I believe it depends both on region type and on region population.

For example, for the townsland of Raviel, 4 knights with 4 estates of 25% each would be 100% efficient (assuming control is at core and production is 100%). That's 2350 peasants per knight, or 666 square miles. Above that number, efficiency starts to decrease.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 09, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
In my case I'm wondering about some estate sizes I've established.

Right now an estate of 15% can run at nearly 100% efficiency. The region is badly depopulated right now. Will a more populous region allow larger estates to run at better efficiency?

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 09, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »
15 % for 100 efficiency? So a City probably.

As far as my understanding goes the population and the size of the estate are only indirectly linked. They are linked in that as the estate size is increased, the population within the estate increases while efficiency drops. But, a change in population does not cause efficiency to increase (or decrease) to my knowledge. I've certainly not seen that happen in game. If it did though, an increase in population should decrease your efficiency.

From my two characters on testing islands:
For the city of Vur Hagin, an estate of 40% is 4,644 people and efficiency is 73%
For the rural region of Dantooine, an estate of 50% is 6,046 people and efficiency is 71%. If population was max in Dantooine the estate would have 7,750 people in it.

As for helpful hints: If you have empty estates you are only going to collect half the gold you would in an estate with 100% efficiency. So, close some of those down and give you or some of your knights bigger estates. 75% efficiency in an occupied estate is a lot better than the 50% you'll collect from wild lands/empty estates. You'll want to still keep some empty estates to attract more knights but there is no reason to have 4-5 empty estates with 100% efficiency.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:07:39 PM by Sypher »

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 09, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »
I /think/ it's a fixed number for cities. 10%=100% efficiency.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: March 09, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »
In my case I'm wondering about some estate sizes I've established.

Right now an estate of 15% can run at nearly 100% efficiency. The region is badly depopulated right now. Will a more populous region allow larger estates to run at better efficiency?

Both nominal and actual population are taken into consideration. But you'll have to find out the details yourself.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: March 09, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
I /think/ it's a fixed number for cities. 10%=100% efficiency.

No, it isn't. Region type and population are the factors that are considered, but two cities of (considerably) different populations would have different efficiencies.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 09, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
No, it isn't. Region type and population are the factors that are considered, but two cities of (considerably) different populations would have different efficiencies.

This is true, but if I am correct your statement is referring to maximum population possible? We are enquiring about current population version maximum population. On the stable estate system one can have fewer Knights if there are fewer peasants. Does this remain true in the new system? Because it certainly doesn't seem to!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: March 09, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
It's a little more complicated than that, so the question doesn't have a traightforward answer.