Author Topic: When you click "ignore", are orders ignored as well?  (Read 2121 times)

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I have a vague recollection from times ancient that when you click "ignore" on a character, it ignores all the messages from that character except orders? Or was that from the time when sending orders were limited to only certain positions?

Also, I do not suppose it would be possible to ignore only certain type of messages such as letters, but let roleplays be visible? The feature, I suppose, is not specifically about ignoring a player (which I do not seek to do) but rather a character instructing his scribes to throw to fire all the letters of another character. I could of course still choose to receive them and only play my character so that he has not in fact received them. But then my OOC knowledge might spill into IC interaction, and I do not want that.

If orders are ignored as well, then I do not think I can use the feature as I would like to.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Effectively, the "ignore" function is, indeed, about ignoring a player. It ignores all messages from them, including OOC.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
can someone be punished when ignoring orders because he never got them? when you say player... is that family or that particular character?
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
can someone be punished when ignoring orders because he never got them?

Sure. There is no inalienable right to ignore whoever you want.

when you say player... is that family or that particular character?

Character, not family.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
can someone be punished when ignoring orders because he never got them? when you say player... is that family or that particular character?

Personally I would say yes... they can be fined for not following orders.

And I believe it is character specific.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused