Author Topic: recruitment center ad parafelia tax/restriction  (Read 3776 times)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It would be like this. Local lords could allow only certain nobles to recruit from their centers if they want to. They could also ad a recruitment tax that each noble has to pay besides the normal unit recruitment cost. This tax would go straigh into their pokets or  to the family wealth.
Their own duke as well as govurment members would be an exeption from these rules.
Dukes could also add this tax to every recruitment center in their duchy.
Same rules would aply to parafelia.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Thumbs down for restrictions on who can recruit - it just doesn't seem to add anything, and seems somewhat unrealistic.

Thumbs up on the recruitment tax. After all, the center was built and upgraded using your own gold, you pay maintenance, your peasants get recruited, and what do you personally get in return? Well, unless you are recruiting your own men, exactly nothing! Sure, it benefits the realm, but not all characters are motivated that way.

I would imagine that the tax would be within a percentage range, so the more expensive units would have a chance to generate a larger maximum amount of gold. Would make for some nice opportunities and conflicts!  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Meh... too much extra code and complexity for essentially no gain.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Rejected. Too much complexity, no positive game impace I can see.

However, I have something at the back of my mind that is similar to the recruitment tax, but it's part of a larger group of changes.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
It would add some nice competition and incentive to build RCs between the Lords...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I remember requesting this a while ago, the part of the taxes, not the restricting recruitment.  Not remembering what the result was other than nothing happened.  Mostly I wanted compensation for the loss in population.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I remember requesting this a while ago, the part of the taxes, not the restricting recruitment.  Not remembering what the result was other than nothing happened.  Mostly I wanted compensation for the loss in population.

Wow, how much population were you losing that you though it would make a noticeable difference to tax income? I've never though that recruitment would exceed the population growth.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
In Fronepu I have 2 lvl 4 RCs (inf + arch) and two SF RCs lvl 2 and lvl 3.  I lose 20 per lvl 4 RC per day plus <10 for the SF RCs, so that is not much at just 40-50 peasants. 
I would say the infantry and lvl 3 SF are the two best RCs in Melhed (unless you like ranged units).  So I was mostly moved to that when people were requesting drafts, as that reduces moral.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
In Fronepu I have 2 lvl 4 RCs (inf + arch) and two SF RCs lvl 2 and lvl 3.  I lose 20 per lvl 4 RC per day plus <10 for the SF RCs, so that is not much at just 40-50 peasants. 
I would say the infantry and lvl 3 SF are the two best RCs in Melhed (unless you like ranged units).  So I was mostly moved to that when people were requesting drafts, as that reduces moral.

Then don't draft, insist on a courtier to repair your region or insist on payments from Duke/Ruler/Government. Things you can do now without adding code :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Aperantly the idea never made it out of my head, I cannot find the post.  My thought was that it would be nice to have some reward for having an awesome RC, despite it being mostly random.  I then wondered where the gold that is spent in purchasing troops went and figured that some of it should go to the region.  It is something that I think would add to the game, but not enough that I would give it any priority.  It would make it more of an investment, where you could hope to get some return for the gold spent.
Not drafting is not an option when I also want the troops. :'(  That said, it has been months since my last draft.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
recruitment tax... seems like a way to screw non cities... XD

that is, if you take pop as an absolute number rather than % - lose a man in a city of 50k is a drop in the ocean as opposed to losing a man from a tiny whatever of 4k
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Wow, how much population were you losing that you though it would make a noticeable difference to tax income? I've never though that recruitment would exceed the population growth.
It can. A smaller city/stronghold with several good, larger centers that are heavily recruited can slowly drain the population. Used to happen more often when there were more characters in a realm, making sure the RCs were never full. Also, we didn't have the peasant migration code, either.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.