BattleMaster > Helpline

Monarch Estate

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bedwyr:

--- Quote from: Sacha on March 16, 2011, 10:27:26 PM ---Not under my watch she didn't. When I took over from Proslyn, Alanna had a 1% oath, which she kept as long as I was Duke of the city.

--- End quote ---

That changed as part of a deal to make the wealth/property taxes much less onerous.

egamma:
Rulers can keep their existing estates, but cannot sign a new oath. For example, my character Gellin had an estate in Rollsovar. He was elected and kept the estate. Then the region went rogue, and he can no longer have an estate.

Indirik:
egamma is correct. A noble who has an oath and gets elected ruler keeps their existing oath and estate. However, once you become ruler you cannot swear a new oath of fealty.

You have to remember that an "estate" is part of an oath of fealty. That means you are swearing to serve and obey a lord who you acknowledge is in charge of you, and has a right to tell you what to do, and you are sworn to obey. These oaths of service all point to the top, which ends up with the ruler. And the person at the top swearing fealty to someone at the bottom just doesn't make sense at all.

songqu88@gmail.com:
That's odd. When was this implemented?

Indirik:
I don't know. The incident I had in Perdan with it was in October 2010, when we gave Partora to Caligus. My ruler character had an oath to Partora. I could not offer an oath to Perdan city, nor could the duke offer to me. When the city swapped to Caligus, I went with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version