Author Topic: Dwilight Travel Times  (Read 17018 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Travel Times
« Reply #45: March 14, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »
Its true we have neighbors but D'hara is still kinda isolated and he didn't say no one can get to D'hara, D'hara is isolated because though it is possible to have people travel to D'hara it unlikely to have them come and interact due to the long travel times, thus D'hara is isolated I would say. It is very possible to have people visit, Allison Kabranski actually came to Port Raviel on a pilgrimage not to long ago I believe.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: March 14, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »
Allison Kabranski actually came to Port Raviel on a pilgrimage not to long ago I believe.

She was there to cause trouble.  She was preaching without permission and built a shrine in Paisly to antagonize the ruler of D'hara.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: March 14, 2012, 04:41:38 AM »
Its true we have neighbors but D'hara is still kinda isolated and he didn't say no one can get to D'hara, D'hara is isolated because though it is possible to have people travel to D'hara it unlikely to have them come and interact due to the long travel times, thus D'hara is isolated I would say. It is very possible to have people visit, Allison Kabranski actually came to Port Raviel on a pilgrimage not to long ago I believe.

The travel times really aren't that long is the problem. People routinely march a week or more for battles when its needed. Arcaea has been making longer trips for months now.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #48: March 14, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »

In fact myself (as Alaron), Constantine and Branthorpe are in Port Raviel on a pilgrimage now. Only took a few days to get there from Duil in my case.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #49: March 14, 2012, 05:47:09 AM »
This thread has gone far off topic.  Please take the rest of the discussion to the appropriate forum (i.e. Dwilight sub-board).  Thank you.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #50: March 14, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »
In fact myself (as Alaron), Constantine and Branthorpe are in Port Raviel on a pilgrimage now. Only took a few days to get there from Duil in my case.

That part is on topic. Given that we are supposed to be discussing travel times, and the route from Duil - Port Nebel is mostly sea based, it took me no longer than a week to reach D'Hara. I honestly find that acceptable. Same with going from the Dark Mountains to Eidulb - it takes ages, and it should. There is no need to adjust travel times in my opinion. Either positively or negatively.

egamma

« Reply #51: March 15, 2012, 05:01:43 AM »
A few additional (shorter) sea routes would help. Aveston to Port Nebel, Shinnen to Port Nebel, Drowenton to Port Nebel, maybe even Golden Farrow to Qubel Lighthouse.

And no, not all those would help D'Hara, necessarily. And I'm sure that someone else could name routes for other realms.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: March 15, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
A few additional (shorter) sea routes would help. Aveston to Port Nebel, Shinnen to Port Nebel, Drowenton to Port Nebel, maybe even Golden Farrow to Qubel Lighthouse.

And no, not all those would help D'Hara, necessarily. And I'm sure that someone else could name routes for other realms.

Enough sea routes already... -.-
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #53: March 15, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
Thank you for your input, everyone.  Please take further discussions to the Dwilight board.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.