Author Topic: Approved 6692: Erecting statues and monuments  (Read 22937 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Erecting statues and monuments
« Topic Start: March 19, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »
I don't care for the prestige/honor bonus part. I don't see any particular need for it. (Especially not honor. Prestige, I could see, but don't really care about.) I would just love to be able to build monuments/statues/whatever to honor the notable characters that took a big part in our realm's histories. I'd love to be able to build a monument to Deverka Cryfdwr, first Grandmaster of Morek and originator of Sanguis Astroism. Rowan Geronus, Vasilif of Astrum who was killed in the opening stages of the war with Averoth. Boreal Arrakis, founder of Niselur, who was struck mad and drifted out to sea in a small boat to get closer to the Stars, to disappear into the ocean and was presumed to have died at sea. There are all kinds of historical things like this that get lost, and never remembered. New players will never know that kind of stuff. But it's that kind of stuff that makes the game a living thing, full of history. We have what, 11 years of history on EC? And how much of it is lost, and can never be recovered? But how would you like to travel the EC and read the monuments built by all the people who had played the game over those past 11 years? Can you imagine how awesome that would be?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.