Author Topic: Approved 6692: Erecting statues and monuments  (Read 22873 times)

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Erecting statues and monuments
« Reply #15: March 21, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
Err.. is there that much tracking to be done? When a statue is built, target character +1 prestige. When a statue is demolished, target character -1 prestige.

Besides, if not done this way, it adds an exploit. You could, with enough gold, build and demolish the same statue umpteen times, and it becomes nothing but a prestige pump. Ugly statues are built here and there, as it does not matter if the uglies are demolished. In fact it gets silly quite easily. To honor a king, one should destroy his statue and built an exact replica to help him gain another point of prestige.

I am sorry, but it gets much worse if prestige is not tracked. It's still nice and usable, but a whole lot more problematic. If tracking prestige can not be had, I would much rather do away with the prestige bonus entirely to avoid silliness. But then there is no need for a target character either, so we'd be left with monuments that could be about just anything.

This is such a central question to the entire feature, that I would very much like to wait for Tom's ruling on it before proceeding further with it.