Author Topic: Duel Titles  (Read 1542 times)

Zakilevo

Duel Titles
« Topic Start: March 19, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »
Title: Duel Titles

Summary: An additional title after their official title.

Details: Titles given to people according to how they react to a duel challenge. People who avoid duels all the time get titles such as 'dishonourable' or 'coward' while people who duel a lot or challenge other to duels a lot will get 'duelist' or 'violent'.

Benefits: These small titles won't affect anything other than RPs probably. It will be a good indicator of how a character acts for other people who do not know the character well.

Possible Exploits: People spamming duel challenges to force others to get dishonourable titles. To prevent this, being challenged by the same person multiple times should not make you get the title.

ex) You should only get 'coward' after rejecting duel challenges from 5 or more people.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Duel Titles
« Reply #1: March 19, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
Almost certain to be rejected, for the exact same reason as all the previous requests to have benefits for people who win lots of duels or penalties for people who reject lots of duels.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 19, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »
No way.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: March 19, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »
Rejected. I fail to see any positive gameplay impact. Indicators of behaviour are far less trivial than this. There would be much griefing and whining.