Author Topic: Police catching unitless enemies  (Read 12864 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Police catching unitless enemies
« Reply #30: April 23, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
I'm a judge in my realm. This is my first time as judge.  I've read all the wiki, and still have a question.

An adventurer was brought into the dungeon. Her realm is at war with mine.  I could not execute her, I could not banish her, I could only torture, speak, and release.

Did you wait 2 days? The Execute option is never available immediately.

I'm at a loss... there's no punishment available.  Shouldn't a judge be able to do something to enemies of the realm? 

You don't think "torture" is a punishment?

Aside from torture and stealing gold (and psychological torture of various sorts through messages ;D ), no, you have no way to harm "enemy nobles." In order for you to have options to deport or execute, the prisoner needs to be a criminal—that is, they need to either have an active ban from your realm or be a rogue.

From an OOC perspective, this is to maintain fun for everyone. If anyone who happened to end up in an enemy prison was at risk of execution, people would get very upset.

From an IC perspective, this can be seen as part of a "code of nobility." You know, the same code that says that no one would ever think of trying to prevent someone from going to a tournament or recruit the kind of unit they like, and dictates that all noble battles shall be conducted at dawn and sunset, etc.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan