Author Topic: Not being able to kick out priests of a religion  (Read 24742 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
And with that, this topic is dead. Another idea/request killed by overcomplications.

People, how much more often do I need to say it? If you want things to actually happen, instead of just being discussed on the forum, they need to have three very important things going for them. They need to be simple, they need to be simple and finally they need to be simple.

Everything else is not going to happen within, say, the next year or so.

The minute someone talked about fully implementing religious shisms should've been the moment everyone realized that this is not going to happen anytime soon, end of story.

So deal with your wayward priest the way I originally explained: By roleplaying.

The request in the topic isn't to implement full schisms, it's to give Elders a means to kick out a priest. You are the one who keeps forcing the conversation down the road toward schisms by insisting that there must be mechanical consequences for doing that. That's the only reason I mentioned it. What I was trying to say is, if you're going to go down that road then just give us full schisms. Don't get us half way there by levying arbitrary penalties on a religion that kicks out a priest when the circumstances of a particular incident might not warrant it.

Until schisms are implemented, religions should be given the ability to control who represents them as priests. The existing situation isn't good for anyone, especially religions. Either go the whole nine yards or let it go.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:28:15 PM by Geronus »