Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

The Blight coming to Dwilight

Started by Penchant, March 30, 2012, 10:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Broose on April 01, 2012, 12:40:13 PM
Maybe while he's there he can pick something up to help you understand how subjective humor can be.  :D

I'm totally fine with some people not getting or not appreciating a joke. Really, it doesn't bother me at all. If it bothers them, that's kind of their problem, not mine, isn't it?

Broose

Quote from: Tom on April 01, 2012, 01:05:16 PM
I'm totally fine with some people not getting or not appreciating a joke. Really, it doesn't bother me at all. If it bothers them, that's kind of their problem, not mine, isn't it?
Everyone liked the last April Fool's joke. Not so this time. Maybe there's something wrong with the joke?

The other ones I know of didn't disrupt the game, at least, but I guess if you don't think it's your problem, never mind.

James

Quote from: Broose on April 01, 2012, 01:36:59 PM
Everyone liked the last April Fool's joke. Not so this time. Maybe there's something wrong with the joke?

The other ones I know of didn't disrupt the game, at least, but I guess if you don't think it's your problem, never mind.

I must have missed how this has caused actual disruption in the game? Deal with it IC with what you see. If it turns out to be just hysteria induced by the stories brought about from Belua then we go with it that way, if it turns out to be something actually happening within the game, then we go with it that way... Either way, I don't have a problem and find it amusing whatever happens :)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Chenier

While I admit it's a little weird to see on the SMA island, I don't see anything wrong with this joke. Daimons did threaten to invade other continents if BT falls. And it would make RP sense for them to do so. As BT's not doing incredibly great, I don't see a problem with some signs of it showing on other continents, even if the first purpose is to scare people as a joke.

Besides, EC and AT were briefly invaded in the past. Just roll with it IC, it's not that hard.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

SMA is about the players, not the environment.

And, medieval times had all sorts of rumors--dragons, wizards, fairies, witches, etc. These firestorms are just rumors from peasants seeing naturally-occurring forest fires, stirred up by strong winds. There actually exist such a thing as fire tornadoes--they're normally only a few feet across, but peasants are prone to exaggeration.

Geronus

Quote from: Chénier on April 01, 2012, 04:25:20 PM
Besides, EC and AT were briefly invaded in the past. Just roll with it IC, it's not that hard.

Really? Interesting. What happened?

Zakilevo

Quote from: Geronus on April 01, 2012, 07:45:06 PM

They were repelled. The strength of invading forces was relative to the strength of the realm they were invading.

Revan

Quote from: Geronus on April 01, 2012, 07:45:06 PM

At the time of the Third Invasion, daimon, undead and monster hordes turned up across Atamara and the East Continent. Their lords began speaking in a peculiar, unintelligible language to those in their vicinity and it seems they were looking for something. Seemed like there were maybe portals to wherever they wanted to go in Beluaterra? Something like that. Never really did get to the bottom of it! Anyway, there were human wars all over the place on Atamara at the time, but for the sake of humanity we forged a brief ceasefire and worked together against the hordes. It was pretty cool really.

Atamara Invasion
East Continent Invasion

Chenier

Quote from: Revan on April 01, 2012, 08:37:15 PM
At the time of the Third Invasion, daimon, undead and monster hordes turned up across Atamara and the East Continent. Their lords began speaking in a peculiar, unintelligible language to those in their vicinity and it seems they were looking for something. Seemed like there were maybe portals to wherever they wanted to go in Beluaterra? Something like that. Never really did get to the bottom of it! Anyway, there were human wars all over the place on Atamara at the time, but for the sake of humanity we forged a brief ceasefire and worked together against the hordes. It was pretty cool really.

Atamara Invasion
East Continent Invasion

I think the only purpose was to create ambiance and make the other continents more aware of what's going on on BT.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

My main gripe is predictability. If your game has a tradition running for 10 years where the admin pranks the game community on April Fools', you kinda see the pranks coming a mile away...

Tom

Which is why the 2007 prank was "delayed". But you can only do that so many times.

Sacha

Aye... maybe next year the prank should be that everyone'll get paranoid about a prank that's not coming at all ;D

Perth

Or maybe the prank should be that something so cataclysmic at this happening, that everyone THINKS is a joke, is actually happening! Now THAT would be a prank.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

T Strike

Man, I had some pretty bad a.. RP ideas to cope with the Netherworld daimons :(
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Vellos

Love this prank. Can we please have IC pranks forever? It adds some delicious chaos.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner