Author Topic: If this is a joke...  (Read 30533 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: If this is a joke...
« Reply #45: April 01, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »
Fragile? God I hate when people just throw around rhetoric on internet forums for no reason.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Usually when people say "it screws with our roleplay", they mean that they have had some kind of roleplay thread going on, and the event in question disrupts it in some manner. (And yes, this has happened several times, from different people.)

It's this simple. The prank was in character. We responded to it in character. When it all goes "poof" we'll have to have an in character explanation for why that happened and in SMA worlds that's going to be a very thin and crummy explanation.

a) How do you know it's going to go "poof"?
b) If it does go "poof", how do you know it's not going to provide you an IC explanation?
c) If it does not, and you came up with IC explanations for its appearance, can you not also come up with IC explanations for its disappearance?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan