Author Topic: If this is a joke...  (Read 29615 times)

Zakilevo

Re: If this is a joke...
« Reply #75: April 02, 2012, 01:41:57 AM »
I am sure they have something similar.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: April 02, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »
We celebrate "April's fool" (el día de los inocentes) the 28th of December, but I am not offended or anything of the like. Not sure what the big problem is... It's a joke, and if it is so seriously affecting you then you should consider rethinking your relationship with the game.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: April 02, 2012, 08:47:27 AM »
The portals are still on the dinamic map from what I see. IC they still exist.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #78: April 02, 2012, 09:19:02 AM »
I respectfully disagree Tom. Some players are from eastern cultures and do not even know what April Fools is. It's not fair to prank people when they have no clue that April 1st is "special".

This falls squarely into the "you can't do anything these days without offending someone". And I refuse to bow to that political correctness bull!@#$. If you didn't know what April Fool's is, then you can learn.

And if there is something similar in eastern cultures, I'd be thrilled to hear about it and if I like it, I will pick up that custom as well.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: April 02, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »
Will the portals be removed from the dinamic map soon?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: April 02, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »
Will the portals be removed from the dinamic map soon?

They are. If you still see them, try hitting the refresh button.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: April 02, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
Still there and won't go away.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: April 02, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
Still there and won't go away.

Ok, I see 6 portals on Beluaterra. I assume these won't go away. I also think they appeared a few days prior to april 1st, so they look like actual IG events to me.

I can confirm they are gone on both Dwilight and EC.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #83: April 02, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
My bad. Due to the Blight graphics, BT requires a different update process. It'll be updated soon.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: April 02, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »
Well, The only thing I didn't like of all this was IT WASN'T REAL!!!

I think the game would be better if things like this could happen from time to time! Monsters than only in singular combat could be destroyed, Monsters invasions, Dragons, tales of relics to be found, etc

A bit more RP!!!  ;D

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: April 02, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »
Well, The only thing I didn't like of all this was IT WASN'T REAL!!!

I think the game would be better if things like this could happen from time to time! Monsters than only in singular combat could be destroyed, Monsters invasions, Dragons, tales of relics to be found, etc

A bit more RP!!!  ;D

BM is great also because it's mostly player Vs player but there is some room for players Vs gamemasters (lots in BT, less in Dwi). It'd be bad imho if all islands turn to be players Vs gamemasters.

I heard lot of people who wants Netherworld attacking everywhere maybe because things in their realm are boring right now but low fun it's players' fault, it cannot been solved by gamemaster

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: April 02, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
I like PvP!... the things I said could happen sometimes, not every day nor every year!...
See it as a 'reality-touch'... The real medieval Europe had pests, Mongol and Viking invasions, crusades, knights looking for the grial, the longinus lance, and others, unusual bad years than created massive hunger, etc... In the real medieval times was not all PvP either!... he,he...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: April 02, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »
Mongol and Viking invasions,

BM has Averothian, Ibladeshian, Sirionites, Cagilan invasions.

knights looking for the grial, the longinus lance, and others,

Others such as the Book of Daimon Suffering?

unusual bad years than created massive hunger, etc... In the real medieval times was not all PvP either!... he,he...

Also known as "The year when D'Hara bought everything". Ok, maybe that one hasn't happened yet; I foresee it will.

PvP vs PvE is not a matter of the types of things that can happen, it's a matter of the way they happen.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: April 02, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
Yes, you are right!...  well, maybe not in the invasions... the Viking and Mongol invasions where more like a enormous undead horde! not an 'usual' war!... but this is not the point...
I think a few PvE could generate much more, and more interesting PvP!... in short is not PvP against PvE, is PvE as a way to  better and encourage PvP... wherever, I think maybe this is not the treat to treat this.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #89: April 02, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
BM is a PvP game. The PvE elements it has (random monsters, etc.) are tiny and only there to provide a small element of uncertainty.

If your realm/island is boring, it's your job to spice it up.