Author Topic: If this is a joke...  (Read 29525 times)

Zakilevo

Re: If this is a joke...
« Reply #90: April 02, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
BM is a PvP game. The PvE elements it has (random monsters, etc.) are tiny and only there to provide a small element of uncertainty.

If your realm/island is boring, it's your job to spice it up.

or leave to find a more interesting realm  8)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: April 02, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »
The only way this April Fools day could have been better...is if it included the instant death of every ruler on every Island... ;) now THAT would be funny!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: April 03, 2012, 12:21:48 AM »
I respectfully disagree Tom. Some players are from eastern cultures and do not even know what April Fools is. It's not fair to prank people when they have no clue that April 1st is "special".

Respect of other cultures does not require the suppression of one's own culture.

While we have many things to be ashamed of, innocent traditions like April fool's ain't one of them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: April 03, 2012, 12:39:46 AM »
The only way this April Fools day could have been better...is if it included the instant death of every ruler on every Island... ;) now THAT would be funny!

I'm starting to taste some sour grapes here...

Respect of other cultures does not require the suppression of one's own culture.

While we have many things to be ashamed of, innocent traditions like April fool's ain't one of them.

Fair point. But I received some private OOC messages thanking me for "spoiling" April Fools for them. They would have done some irreversible IC actions that they would have regretted on April 2nd.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:46:37 AM by GoldPanda »
------
qui audet vincit

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: April 03, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »
Fair point. But I received some private OOC messages thanking me for "spoiling" April Fools for them. They would have done some irreversible IC actions that they would have regretted on April 2nd.

Hah. Almost like playing whilst drunk!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: April 03, 2012, 01:54:14 AM »

I see no reason to disregard these events IC. It scared us players into fearing the worst. Nobody said that these events should be ignored IC, and that our characters should pretend they never happened. They *are* anchored in existing RP about the threat of the invasion spilling to the other continents after defeating BT, and Overlord is boasting about having just finished some ritual on BT as well. Plus it happens right after some advies apparently, if the Zuma truly know (and tell the truth), activated some portal stones on Dwilight.

Acting on it IC seems perfectly legit to me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #96: April 03, 2012, 02:09:58 AM »
Hey, it got me a bunch of Church of Humanity members willing to become Templars (church soldiers/knights) and Clerics (priests) and claim our prayers to the Divine managed to push away the daimon scouting forces.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: April 03, 2012, 02:24:06 AM »
Hey, it got me a bunch of Church of Humanity members willing to become Templars (church soldiers/knights) and Clerics (priests) and claim our prayers to the Divine managed to push away the daimon scouting forces.

Pray a little harder on BT?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #98: April 03, 2012, 03:22:42 AM »
BT can go sink. :P

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: April 03, 2012, 03:41:33 AM »
BT can go sink. :P

How about we just sink BT, and get rid of the Daimons that way? If humanity pulls it off right, we could drown all the Overlord and all his sons!!!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #100: April 03, 2012, 03:58:01 AM »
I admit, it would be amusing.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #101: April 03, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »
Pray a little harder on BT?

You're all going to burn/drown/suffocate/<insert other cause of death here>.

And Malos was deported to the Colonies, so he won't go with you! *evil laugh*