Author Topic: Shogun 2 Total War  (Read 12201 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Shogun 2 Total War
« Reply #15: March 31, 2011, 03:06:49 AM »
How I defend my cities in M2TW.. for instance, Bagdad is under siege of the Mongols.

Two archer unit manning the walls.. shooting on the ram. Of course the AI will move it's whole army forth as you burn down the first ram. And while they get their second ram, my towers are killing 10 to 20% of their army before they get through my gates. I have my main army on the city square. Mostly spears, with a few archers behind them and one cavalry unit (general). But most importantly, some catapult to rain death upon them as they all use the same street to get to my army. So every shot is gold. Not very good for their morale. So 1 vs 3 fights become heroic victories. - So allowing the enemy to get in and then massacre them has always been one of my tactics.

But am planning to buy Shogun 2 as well. My main discontent with the previous games were the useless diplomacy, as all your allies will stab you in the back while you have been so good to them. And the way the AI fought in previous games was just unnatural.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar