Author Topic: The Million Follower March  (Read 17143 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Million Follower March
« Reply #30: April 04, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
Heh, I like that the Moot and the Lurians have brought their proxy war into SA.

Huh?

What proxy war?

Is Kabrinskia a Lurian proxy?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 04, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »
Is Kabrinskia a Lurian proxy?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of understanding going on there (given their common enemies), but no, that's not what I meant.

I was referring to the (not so subtle) letters of certain Lurian faithful, insinuating that the moot wished to tear up SA, and the response to said letters by prominent members of the Moot. I always thought that it was an open secret that the Moot and Lurians were waging a proxy war (has this changed? I've been paused on Dwilight until recently..), I'm just amused it's coming to SA.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:18:06 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 04, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Its not "coming to SA". Its always been there. It's just that it is now coming out into the open.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 04, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
Some guy in Solaria converted, that's about it?

Guy(s). There's more than one of them.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 04, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »
I was referring to the (not so subtle) letters of certain Lurian faithful, insinuating that the moot wished to tear up SA, and the response to said letters by prominent members of the Moot. I always thought that it was an open secret that the Moot and Lurians were waging a proxy war (has this changed? I've been paused on Dwilight until recently..), I'm just amused it's coming to SA.

I actually can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about. What not so subtle letters? And I still don't know what proxy war is being referenced. The Moot has not been involved in a war since Madina attacked D'Hara, like, 4 years ago.

If you're referencing Madina/Aurvandil... that's laughable. The Moot is not involved in that. We argue vehemently about it occasionally, but we actually have no involvement. If Luria does, then that's hilarious, because it means that, even with foreign aid, Madina still couldn't beat Aurvandil.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 04, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
I actually can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about. What not so subtle letters? And I still don't know what proxy war is being referenced. The Moot has not been involved in a war since Madina attacked D'Hara, like, 4 years ago.

If you're referencing Madina/Aurvandil... that's laughable. The Moot is not involved in that. We argue vehemently about it occasionally, but we actually have no involvement. If Luria does, then that's hilarious, because it means that, even with foreign aid, Madina still couldn't beat Aurvandil.

You really need to suck it up and join the Church already. Your ignorance of Church politics is fairly alarming for a guy running a realm that's waist deep in them and sinking fast. Doesn't Labell tell you anything?

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 04, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »

Perhaps proxy war wasn't the best term to use (cold war would have been better). You should communicate with your people better  :P Doesn't need a spymaster to get the messages all of SA has been getting.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 04, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
Yeah, all 9,637 that were sent in the last two weeks. :(

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 04, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
The Véinsørmoot is the official faith of Sanguis Astroism?

Huh?

The Veinsormoot should be one of those SA club. You know, like the Knights of Columbus or something. We're willing to give you complete monopoly on the charity bingo business!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 04, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
Doesn't Labell tell you anything?

Actually, no. Labell and Vigilans are extremely tight-lipped about Astroist politics.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 04, 2012, 08:18:33 PM »
Actually, no. Labell and Vigilans are extremely tight-lipped about Astroist politics.

How remarkable.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 04, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
Terran is very religiously neutral and long ago it became somewhat custom to adopt a "to each is own" policy regarding religion; it is very seldom discussed in public and the only times SA is every brought up is in connection to outside forces such as Kabrinskia or Astrum.

Honestly, I'm fairly certain that Labell's rather significant position within SA is mostly unknown to a good portion of Terran. First because of what I mentioned above and 2) because Labell is actually a very quiet guy who very seldom involves himself in realm discussions unless it us of very big political importance. Other than that, you don't hear from him. Vigilans even more quiet.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 04, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »
It is mostly unknown *within* SA, too. Mostly because Labell never does anything.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 04, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »
It is mostly unknown *within* SA, too. Mostly because Labell never does anything.

Nice.

I wrote an RP a couple weeks ago characterizing Labell as a wacky priest who doesn't care about his duchy or anything else and mostly just wanders around in fields at night looking up at the stars.

The player sent me an OOC message complimenting me for portraying his character so well!  ;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 04, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »
Yeah, he's a bit spacy  :)

He's a moderate and peacenik as well, but wields little influence due to the fact that he doesn't speak very often.